Pongo's Remedial Log (or, "here goes nuffin...")

Discussion in 'Your Training Logs' started by Rosie, May 5, 2017.

1. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Good idea. It doesn't quite scan, but it works. That's the line from now on.
    Next challenge is to get him to walk on-lead all the way through to that bit of the poem. That's verse 15.

Plum's mum, Joy, selina27 and 2 others like this.
  2. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Well we didn't get so far tonight (only as far as the redcoat troop marching marching marching which is only about verse 6), BUT there were some very tempting smells on the track that he really really wanted to get to, and he pretty much managed to stay with me nevertheless (a bit of veering off, but coming back when I said "heel"). A couple of times we had a big pull into the verge, and I managed to stand my ground and not let him reach the smell; both times he came back to me with a hugely frustrated whine but fell into heel position and walked on. So not too bad. I let him off after a fairly short time because he was so very determined to sniff - as soon as I told him he could go play he launched himself into the verge and sniffed madly for minutes...

drjs@5, Cath, charlie and 6 others like this.
  3. Cath

Cath Registered Users

I don't know The Highwayman poem, but I use to say the poem, Three Dogs by E C Brereton to Fred when he was little and we were out for a walk.

4. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

Old waterboy songs for me . "Come with me for a journey beneath the skin":D

selina27 likes this.