pro-fibre & runny poo

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by leighxxxx, Aug 20, 2019.

1. leighxxxx

leighxxxx Registered Users

Hi all I have put Kyko on Pro-fibre due to him having issues with his anal glands & frequent soft poos. After his second dose today he has just had diarrhoea, like watery diarrhoea. Just curious if the 2 could be connected? Wondering if it takes a few days for him to get used to the added fibre? Or should I just stop giving the pro-fibre? He has had the recommended dose for his weight on Sunday, then again today I didn't give him any yesterday as I wasn't sure if it needed to built up to daily, giving him a chance to get used to it

2. Jo Laurens

Jo Laurens Registered Users

I haven't heard of Pro-Fibre causing this and have fed it several times to my own dogs without that effect.

If you want to work on the anal gland issue, you can feed raw - a complete raw mince with ground bone in it - the ground bone forms very firm poos, like little nuggets, which will put pressure on the anal gland to empty properly each time the dog poops.

leighxxxx likes this.
  3. leighxxxx

leighxxxx Registered Users

Thanks Jo I have looked into raw feeding, but I have the smallest kitchen ever & just can't find enough space to store raw in the freezer. If I can figure out a way to store raw I would certainly consider it

Jo Laurens likes this.