Proud of our little Nelly

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by kateincornwall, Dec 1, 2017.

1. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

I am so pleased , yesterday young Silas came over for an hour . He hasn't been to ours very much since Sam died , he must find it very painful to be here without his pal . He was a little quiet at first , most unlike his usual whirlwind entrance , and then Nelly started to get her toys out , she hasn't done much of this recently . Silas played with her for ages and was then thrilled when the little scrap jumped up and sat on his knee and went to sleep being cuddled . Dogs really are amazing x

Kelsey&Axel, drjs@5, Granca and 4 others like this.
  2. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

Nell is definitely a therapy dog - she just seems to know what people need :).

3. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

She really is extraordinary isn't she. I'm so glad Silas is finding comfort in her I hope their budding friendship blossoms . shes wonderful.

selina27 likes this.
  4. 20180815

20180815 Guest

It really was providence that you rescued Nell when you did. She has such a big heart :hug:

5. Candy

Candy Registered Users

Thankyou Kate for bravely sharing this after the loss of your lovely Sam. When we lost Barley, our sweetheart yellow lab we eventually got Solstice, black lab as a puppy. We took her into our local pub for the first time and someone said 'Hello, is this Barley's replacement?' Husband( who although never rude or unkind tells it like it is) was momentarily rather quiet. Then he said ' No, this isn't Barley's replacement for two reasons, one, she can never be replaced. Also it's not this little dog's job to replace Barley, she's to be loved in her own right and will be equally irreplaceable. This has now sadly proved to be true since we lost lovely Solstice in February after 9 wonderful years. Little Joy is again not a replacement but is beautifully squirming her way into our hearts and lives. May sweetheart Nell and any subsequent dogs who are lucky enough to find you do the same for you. Very much thinking of you in your sad loss.

BevE, edzbird, kateincornwall and 4 others like this.
  6. Granca

Granca Registered Users

That’s lovely. Nelly must have been equally delighted to have Silas to play with too.

drjs@5 likes this.
  7. leejane

leejane Mum to the Mooster

That's a lovely post @Candy . Not much makes me well up but your post just did. I hope Joy continues to bring you joy. And £20 pound notes. ;)

drjs@5 likes this.
  8. leejane

leejane Mum to the Mooster

A different scenario, but thought I'd share hope you don't mind @kateincornwall . When Monty was 5 or 6 months, we took him to Kenilworth castle. Just after arriving, we met an elderly couple with their daughter, the lady was in a wheelchair. At the time, monty was in a bright orange harness bib. It just so hapened to be half price in pets at home, but maybe looked a little like a service dog might wear. This couple we met thought he was brilliant, fussed all over him and the lady had him in her lap for a short while.. eek. When we said goodbye, they said, thank you so much, that has made our day meeting Monty, it means a lot to us... and they really meant it. at the time we were just thankful it ended well and he didn't bite them..... though looking back we remember it fondly and think he really must have made an impression. Here are a few photos taken on that day, we remember it like it was yesterday for some reason.

With my big bag of puppy esentials... he looks tiny. One of the last extendable lead outings
    20140618_140522-2064x1161.jpg

20140618_150345_Richtone(HDR)-2064x1161.jpg
    He isn't being held down here, honestly.

20140618_142829_Richtone(HDR)-2064x1161.jpg

20140618_142816_Richtone(HDR)-1161x2064.jpg
    The couple mentioned in the distance, in the spot we met them.

20140618_135925-2064x1161.jpg

9. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

That's lovely @leejane , thank you for sharing this, the photos are so lovely . I don't mind admitting that I am struggling myself at the moment , but dogs can really lift spirits , it is wonderful how they can help people, without even knowing it xx