Ptsd , dan, and me

Discussion in 'Labradors in Service' started by Lifelong lab guy, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Lifelong lab guy

Lifelong lab guy Registered Users

Hi I’m Jim. I’m new to this group but not to labs . A few years ago after a nasty trauma situation I was diagnosed with ptsd. I was NOT doing well . I have many years of dog training experience, obedience and hunting and I knew they had dogs for ptsd people. I did my homework and I had just gotten a very talented young dog . I started right before Covid training him! After we bonded and he understood what was expected we became an amazing team ! The benefits I get are amazing and many times when I’m having a situation Dan senses it! Just amazing. If I had the opportunity I’d train ptsd dogs for people. One dog/ one person at a time. Thanks for reading ‍

CeeCee, Edp and Karen and Toby like this.
  2. Karen and Toby

Karen and Toby Registered Users

That’s so lovely, Jim. I’m glad that Dan is helping you. Best wishes.

CeeCee likes this.
  3. CeeCee

CeeCee Registered Users

Jim, that's just so special. Labradors are just amazing. Good luck to you both.

4. Lifelong lab guy

Lifelong lab guy Registered Users

I’ve loved labs for over 30 years got my first at 13. Bred them for a few years , did the breed thing, obedience , then I discovered and LOVED hunt testing ! Put jh and we on 3 dogs over time. Was going for senior with one and life happened but I ALWAYS will have at least one lab. ‍ they are a part of me ‍ my goal is at some time to have a place in ky like vialobos( pit bulls and parolees). Where no purebred lab will b left behind ! I’m told there is a huge problem in some places where labs are being treated horribly. My dogs have given me so much. Be nice to give some back!‍.