pulling on the lead, help!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Dukester, Jan 23, 2014.

1. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Re: pulling on the lead, help!

Thanks Julie, just read it, it looks awfully complex but vets agree with it ???. It wouldn't be for me though.

2. Dukester

Dukester Registered Users

Re: pulling on the lead, help!

Hi Guys! Thanks for all the feed back, I was on the Gencon website. If the methods aren't getting me anywhere, I will seriously look into it. As for now. Im going to try the standing still method until he slacks. Hes not a dumb dog, I think he will catch on quick. We were doing the treat method too, but was hard to keep up when walking both dogs.

It is currently a toasty -40 degrees celcius here in canada ( not toasty at all!!) Dogs havent been out very much to due to the severe cold. So apart from house walking, which hes pretty good with, we havn't been able to go out walking, or try these methods. I dont want to stand in the cold or make him stand out there for any extended amount of time. No frost bite on these paws or his lol.

These suggestions are great though! If I end up using a gencon, I hope to eventually not have to use one, will it be easy to wean off of if anyone has tried it?

Samm and Duke