Pup doesn’t chew his food chews

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by M1n, Nov 3, 2021.

1. M1n

M1n Registered Users

Hi again all, our pup Neo has just turned 5 months so is teething like a demon! He has coffee/olive wood, various chew toys etc and I predominantly give him stuffed frozen kongs as a foodie chew but now he’s a bit older wanted to give him a bit of variety so bought some natural ones and tried him out on a rabbit ear, however he doesn’t really chew on them. He has a bit of a chew and then swallows it practically whole. Is this common and likely to be something he grows out of? It makes me nervous of giving him chews like this or yak bars etc as I’m scared he’s going to choke himself. I always give him his food chews in his crate so he knows he’s not going to be disturbed and can take his time (in theory!) and he never gets interrupted or disturbed at meal times either but seems desperate to bolt it back as if it will be taken from him. Anyone experienced similar, should I stop giving these types of chews or am I being a bit paranoid and he will work it out for himself? Any advice would be great, thanks.