Puppies sleeping habits

Discussion in 'Labrador Behavior' started by Mag44, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Mag44

Mag44 Registered Users

I desperately need help with my pups sudden change in sleeping habits. He is almost 6 months old and up until about 4 days ago he would go to sleep like clockwork at 8 pm and be up at around 5 or 6 in the morning. Now, he wont go to bed until much later and barks and bites at my hand when I try to reassure him and get him to go to bed. As you can guess, he has slept with me in the bed and that was working out ok, but this sudden change in his behavior has created a problem that I desperately need help with. Any help or guidance would be GREATLY appreciated.

2. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

That sounds a bit strange to me to be honest.
    Have you thought about a vet check? Just to make sure there is nothing physical going on?

3. Mag44

Mag44 Registered Users

I have thought about that but he seems the same way he was before this happened during the day, I havent noticed anything out of the ordinary about him, just at bedtime is all. I want to do what is best for him so any help like I said would be greatly appreciated.

4. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Would he settle on a bed next to yours? Worth a try?

5. Mag44

Mag44 Registered Users

Well if I had a spare bed it would be worth it but I have a King size bed and dont have room for another bed :( I really do need some help with this because I have no idea what made him change like this all of a sudden. Me and the bags under my eyes would be VERY thankful for any tips.

6. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Where is he before you go to bed? How about leaving him there with the choice to follow you if he wants to?

Nnn