Puppy attention barking

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by lisa humphreys, Feb 16, 2017.

1. lisa humphreys

lisa humphreys Registered Users

Hi Guys , the usual attention yelping and barking problem......

We live in a flat and my partner works in London so needs to get up at 5.15 am to get the train I have to get up with him as Scarlett just shouts at him constantly. As we live in a flat we cannot just ignore the barking or we are going to upset the tenants below.

This is now progressed to a high yelping if we don't give her the attention she wans

Can any one advise anything,

Putting her in her crate ( must admit ive not tried this yet in the mornings ) when she yelps is the only thing I can think of but if she barks when she is put in there in the morning I will have to take her out which in turn will just teach her to bark more

She is a very Vocal puppy and I'd really like to stop if possible

2. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

This is often a phase in my experience. It's best to distract them with training etc.

What time does she have breakfast? Maybe you could put all her breakfast in Kongs, soaked then frozen? If you don't want to get up maybe OH could give them to her? Or she could come and snuggle with you in your bed?

Mollie does this a lot - but she does it to Tatze, not us (it's just as annoying!). I do lots of training and play at her shoutiest times.

:)

3. lisa humphreys

lisa humphreys Registered Users

LOL ....snuggle is a nice and wonderful thought I get eaten only once has she snuggled and fell asleep :eek:

Breakfast is 6.30 walk straight after but the breakfast idea sounds like a good idea I will give it a go She loves apples in her kong so could mix them then she can have a small breakfast as well as her Kong

Thank you :bone: