Puppy behaviours at 11mths...

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Me and my dog, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Me and my dog

Me and my dog Registered Users

My dog is nearly 11mths...It seems she's going along quite well in regard to jumping up and other puppy behaviour...then the other day she went back to that behsviour...In saying this I remember back about a month ago when this happened also... Is it just part of them growing up that they have times of puppy hood behaviour even though mostly their behaviour is quite ok (not perfect but quite good)? I'm thinking it could be something triggering it too...

Just to tell some good news... Pearl enjoys canned tuna! Seems better then cheese or appIe...saw a big difference in staying near me while I was training. I was suppose to be using it for recall training but she wouldn't move away for a bit!

Ahhh...been a learning curve for me...being a first time dog owner... It's good when you see those little improvements and realise they are changing for the good.

Please share anything in regard to behaviours, when your pup's were around this age

Oh also...when do your dogs sleep in the evening? For how long until morning?

2. Karen

Karen Registered Users

My pup is just one year old - he's a very good boy, but there was definitely a regression in some aspects of his behaviour at around nine or ten months, such as a sudden increase in chewing, which is again disappearing now he is a little older.

He has a wild time at around 8pm and then finally crashes at about 9pm. He sleeps until around 7am.

3. Johnny Walker

Johnny Walker Registered Users

Duggan struggles not to jump up on people that encouraged it as a child. New folks get a a serious tail wagging as potential new playmates but he doesn’t jump up anymore. I’d be curious to find out if the people your pup jumps up on now are the same people and if they really wound her up as a young puppy when they saw her.

We never really went backwards in behaviour but his recall needed some beefing up around the 10-11 month mark if i remember correctly. Nothing a can of sardines couldn’t fix.

As for sleep. He is always at the ready for adventure but usually sleeps whenever there’s nothing happening and doesn’t look for trouble much anymore like he used to when he was bored. I usually tried to keep one step ahead of him. So normal routine is nap after supper, a short play time around 9 when he wakes. Then at 11 he goes out and then sleeps until we wake in the morning. Anywhere from 6:30 to 7:30 depending on the day. Only very rarely will he ask to go out earlier or in the middle of the night. If he does it’s because he’s got upset bowels. He used to be a night mare after dinner but I used to play