Puppy biting

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Lightning, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Lightning

Lightning Registered Users

Finally end up with another puppy after losing my girl last September
    Got her at 8 weeks old
    But now she’s 5 months and carries on biting and tearing at my arms and go s crazy.
    She had done this since she was 9 weeks old female yellow lab
    I have done everything to calm her done but she goes crazy
    She thinks nothing of tearing at your arms but only to me and my daughter.
    But she won’t leave my side and follows me everywhere
    Lost on what to do next
    A lot of people says she will grow out of it but she will draw blood and bite and nip really hard

2. SianMJ

SianMJ Registered Users

There are a number of threads and queries about this on the forum , I posted some as I experienced this was such a difficult behaviour to deal with our puppy. Our Gwens is 7 months old and it took a lot of time before it slowed down with her biting. Lots of avoiding triggers, working on things through clicker training that she found difficult which lead to biting and also lots of ignoring if it did happen. I thought it would never slow but it has. It’s difficult to deal with I understand and she owes me a lot of clothes! So a combination of training and maturity has helped. Hope you can find a way to hang on in there ! There is a lot of good advice from some very qualified people on here, hopefully it will help as it did for me.

Lightning likes this.
  3. Michael A Brooks

Michael A Brooks Registered Users

Hi @Lightning
    Have you tried re-directing the biting onto a tug toy? Carry it around with you. She only gets to play with it when you are using it. Get a tug toy for your child to similarly use. Rule to be used. If the dog bites you instead of the tug toy, then 2 or 3 minutes time out. Use the most boring place you can find in your home. After time out act as if the event did not happen.