Puppy blues - how long does it last?

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by AbbyMom, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Mark4180

Mark4180 Registered Users

This thread sums up how I feel with our puppy. At the moment he’s destroying the house... kids won’t play with him because he has teeth like needles. I think I still miss our old dog who died in March. I was very keen to get a puppy and I do love him... just don’t like him all the time! The random biting has slowed up a bit to be fair, but I just can’t wait till he grows out if it completely and gets calmer. I know it isn’t his fault and I feel bad feeling like this about him. Like someone else said I was 26 when we got our first dog and we had no kids. Now I’m 40 with two kids, so my patience wears thin a lot quicker these days!

2. Bertie_lab

Bertie_lab Registered Users

We have a 16 week old puppy, he’s doing extremely well, learns very quickly and other than a couple 20 mins crazy outbursts and picking up anything in sight (our fault not his) is pretty well behaved. We’re 2 adults with no kids and even for us there’s times when we get frustrated and miss not having to constantly think one step ahead of him. Countless times we’ve said ‘imagine doing this with kids?!’ So hats off to you guys who are raising kids and puppies together.
    It will get easier and the more hard work you put in early on will be better for future but honestly, well done! Keep going, lots of patience and persistence and you’ll soon be wondering how you managed without the beautiful dog you raised and the kids will have a bond like no other!