Puppy Blues

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Atemas, Feb 22, 2017.

1. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

Yes, absolutely :)
    Although it's hard going at times :)

2. selina27

How right you are.

3. NewPup

NewPup Registered Users

What a brilliant thread! I have Beau who is 11 weeks tomorrow and can relate to alot of this!Atemas it sounds like you've come such a long way with Red & Sky, lovely to read your story.

4. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

Thank you @NewPup for your kind words. I hope all is going well with Beau.

5. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

Kong time :)
    IMG_0358.JPG

Karen, Granca, lucky_dog and 8 others like this.
  6. selina27

So lovely.

Atemas likes this.
  7. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

Your girls are so beautiful adorable

Atemas likes this.
  8. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Atemas likes this.
  9. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

Well another first here today which I have to record. I am actually sitting in my sitting room and both dogs are fast asleep in their sitting room beds. DH has started this week taking Red out first thing with Sky for a walk. I opened the door earlier and both dogs were sat there waiting to be 'invited' in (we have always done that with Sky) :).

10. Boogie

Yay! A long awaited milestone :D

11. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

Yes and the baby gate at the kitchen door has been open the whole day :):):):):)

12. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Sounds like you've cracked it! :)

13. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

I think we may have :sun:. They spent a lot of time together yesterday, mostly resting/sleeping but the rest of the time, Red was much more respectful of Sky. She did (understandably) initiate play a few times and Sky was up for it. When she got too excited we stopped her and she is beginning to know That enough is enough.

Yes @Plum's mum - I feel bad for questioning and doubting him but it has taken a week short of 5 months to get to this stage - it's been really hard and I have found it very upsetting. Never thought it would be so difficult :rolleyes:.

Karen, selina27 and Plum's mum like this.
  14. Boogie

We see and experience lovely, calm, sensible Labs - no one tells us that the pups are looooooonatics!

:rolleyes:

15. Plum's mum

Plum's mum Registered Users

@Boogie, that is so true!

In my head, when I was planning to get my own pup, the images in my head were of the grown up labs that all our pups had become, soft, soppy, loving, gentle and biddable.
    Then Plum arrives, all 8 weeks of puppyness, and bring on the crazy horses!:confused::eek:

16. Boogie

I must confess that my Cavaliers were very lively too - but all the behaviours which are difficult in a lively, happy Lab are simply cute in a small, friendly dog!

:)

selina27, Plum's mum and SwampDonkey like this.
  17. Samantha Jones

Samantha Jones Registered Users

Hard work really does pay off - today we went to a coffee shop in the town centre and Bailey actually settled under the table, a leg and his head wrapped around one of my feet and laying across the other foot....I got to drink my milkshake (hot day and I hate coffee!) and eat a slice of cake in a relaxed state - in fact my OH caused me more stress than Bailey today!!!!

So pleased for you @Atemas that Sky and Red are living together in happiness now :D:D

18. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

Thank you @Samantha Jones, it is coming - just need Red to be a bit more respectful of Sky when she is resting but she is learning. Pleased your training is paying off and that Bailey was such a good boy in the coffee shop. We have two of the grandchildren staying and last evening, I took them and Red for a walk to the village shop. We bought ice creams and sat on the bench to eat them. Couldn't have envisaged doing that with Red a few weeks ago :). She also settled well for the rest of the evening even though she finds it so so exciting having them here - her whole body is constantly wagging :).

Samantha Jones and Granca like this.
  19. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

Took Red for some fun scentwork at a local trainer yesterday. There were two other dogs (a beagle and a spaniel) and owners. It was good fun and Red very quickly picked up what was asked of her :).

20. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

At yesterday's fun class doing some targeted work. This was Red's first stand on a book with her front legs - I can see it's not very good as she didn't know what she was supposed to do (I wasn't sure either :rolleyes:). We have done a bit more today in the garden (so no harness or lead) using a little baby stool I have and she was great - starting to move her back end around whilst her front legs were on the stool - she learns quickly.
    IMG_0359.JPG