Puppy food and diarrhea

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Dayna Talbot, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Dayna Talbot

Dayna Talbot Registered Users

Hi I am new to this site-Our 6 month old puppy came from the breeder eating Fromm Gold and was fine for about a month-then started having diarrhea. We then went to chicken and rice and back to his food and diarrhea again. Had several tests run, all negative-slowly transitioned him on Royal Canin large breed puppy food, Grandma Maes puppy food, and then Hills Lamb and Rice large breed puppy food-once we reached 1/2 cup he would get diarrhea again.....He has been on Science Diet ID for 3 months now along with Vitamin B12, Omega and Probiotic supplements....I would really like to get him on something other than ID (we are feeding him 4.5-5 cups a day)-any suggestions??? He has had blood tests and stool tests all negative-is active weighs about 45 lbs.

2. Jo Laurens

Jo Laurens Registered Users

Many dogs really can't tolerate the high carb and grain levels in the majority of kibbles.

I would recommend Ziwipeak, which is air-dried raw. Or a complete raw mince.

If the problems stop, then you know what the issue is and how to try to avoid it....

3. Dayna Talbot

Dayna Talbot Registered Users

Thank you , Jo.....will check it out!