Puppy food - what brand do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Netsyberia, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Netsyberia

Netsyberia Registered Users

Hi,

We got our little puppy Salem a few days ago from the breeder, since he has been with us he eats very little and seems to be turned off his food eating much less than whats recommended.
    He's healthy and happy otherwise but I'm wondering if there are any brands you would recommend that your pups love.

Thanks a mil!

2. jbg

jbg Registered Users

Where do you live? If in the U.S. We love our Nutrisource. large breed puppy. Our pup is so healthy and her coat is beautiful. You can only buy it from animal Feed stores So like where you would get shavings for farm animals. Our Breeder turned us onto it

3. mjfromga

mjfromga Registered Users

I like Victor brand dog food. Also only found in feed stores. It can be found on Amazon, but costs more there.

4. Jo Laurens

Jo Laurens Registered Users

I feed a complete raw.

5. mjfromga

mjfromga Registered Users

What is "a complete raw" if I may ask? Is it a premixed purchased raw dog food, or do you make it yourself? Not all the store bought raw is created equal so I was just wondering. I want to feed prey model raw (not to be confused with BARF) but it isn't practical for me to do so.

6. Jo Laurens

Jo Laurens Registered Users

A complete raw is one which is premade and mixed to be balanced and contain the right amounts of nutrients for a balanced diet in the long-term.