Puppy going backwards.

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by PaulW, Oct 17, 2014.

1. PaulW

PaulW Registered Users

Do any of your pups have days where they just revert to day 1 behaviour? Today Gibson (at 10 weeks old) just decided to forget everything, crap and pee everywhere, is biting anyone that plays with him (in a happy crocodog way, not aggressively). He's done this a couple of times, usually when it's raining. He'll just sit outside the door under the porch giving me the big pitiful guilt-eyes for making him go out in the wet while I'm standing out in the rain getting soaked, waiting for him to come and do his stuff.

The best ones are when I open the door, he sees the rain, turns and legs it back inside, peeing on the carpet so I won't make him go out. I do try to carry him outside when I know there's a chance of him doing this, but I'm not always nimble enough to catch a squirming crocodog. I do wonder if I've messed something up and broken his training or if he's just being a brat.

2. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Re: Puppy going backwards.

Just a brat day :) But he does sound pretty crafty about it ;D

My dog is 2.5 and still has brat days (or brat hours), fortunately outweighed by the sensible and loveable days :)

3. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Teething?

4. Julie1962

Julie1962 Registered Users

Sounds normal to me LOL, try getting a Chihuahua out in the rain - we ended up with a litter box for her in the end.

5. Edp

Edp Registered Users

At 10 weeks he is still supper young and training/behaviours are not really proofed. Just ignore and carry on, you will get less and less of these moments as he gets older and you are constant :)

6. PaulW

PaulW Registered Users

He's doing better again today. Just so frustrating sometimes. :) I don't think it's teething, just a mood. The rain thing is plain silly though. ;)

7. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

Chepi did that once so I didn't shy away from rain and took her for walks in it. Hopefully she is cured as she hasn't done it since. Shocked me when it happened though ::)

8. Holliesmum

Holliesmum Registered Users

Hollie is having a brat day today........she better snap out of it we have puppy class tonight