Puppy has “Flying Nun” Ears

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Emily Head, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Emily Head

Emily Head Registered Users

I have a 10 week old puppy whose ears fold in half and stick out when she perks up. I have seen one of them be normal maybe once or twice. What is the most effective way to tape them in the correct position or is it something likely to resolve after teething? I’ve never had a pup with ears like hers and her parents nor littermates have them. I realize Labs don’t normally tape ears but she definitely needs to have correct ears so I would like to do something about it before it’s too late and wanted to ask fellow Lab lovers. I appreciate the guidance if anyone’s experienced this. Don’t worry, I’ll love her the same no matter what ;)

2. Emily Head

[​IMG]
    her ears a week ago.

3. 5labs

5labs Registered Users

There's no photo. If you could add a link to a photo site, or upload one as your profile picture, that might help, but regardless, her ears will be what they will be and they don't need to have 'correct' ears.

SianMJ likes this.
  4. Emily Head

Struggled with getting the photo uploaded. I’ll try again with photobucket. Also, thanks for your very helpful comment. Not.

5. J.D

J.D Registered Users

6. Annamarie Gebar

Annamarie Gebar Registered Users

I like to say that my Sophie has Labrador bed head. Her ears do all sorts of goofy stuff like when she wakes up they are bent backwards until I fix them. Sometimes, one of them will stick almost horizontal. Lol then they go back to normal.

Emily Head likes this.