Puppy keeps chasing and biting my pug

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Sandy Smith, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Sandy Smith

Sandy Smith Registered Users

I have a wonderful, beautiful 15 week old yellow female who is a total dream puppy....except for one thing. She is constantly chasing down my pug, jumping on her, and biting her. My pug is now spending most of her time under the bed or hiding behind me in order to avoid my puppy. The funny thing is that she leaves my other pug alone...it's just the smaller one that she is interested in. Please help!

2. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Hi there and welcome here, although I'm sorry this distressing situation has brought you to us. I've only ever had one dog at a time, so I don't have experience with this, but there are lots of forum members who will hopefully give you some practical advice.

Obviously your smaller pug needs to have a safe place to be where he (she?) can retreat when your pup gets too rambunctious. Can you separate them in different rooms for breaks from each other? Or, if you use a crate for your pup, perhaps a short timeout in the crate with a toy or chew object will help to calm her down. I would keep their interactions short as much as you can, and intervene before your pug feels like it has to hide.

Your pup will eventually calm down, but in the meantime hopefully we can come up with some ideas for you to help all your dogs live in harmony.

Dexter likes this.