Puppy Never stops….

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Bert B, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Bert B

Bert B Registered Users

My 6 month of puppy has been doing really well with training the last week or so but lately she’s been horrible. If I don’t give her attention she jumps on my and bites my hand ( not play biting). I walk in the house she bites my shoe laces. Walk with socks she bites my socks. She counter surfs non stop. I lost my mind when she was 3 months. Started to gain it back, but I’m losing it again. What should I do?!

2. Annamarie Gebar

Annamarie Gebar Registered Users

I just had complete melt down tonight sobbing crying trying to call every dog trainer alive. My Sophie is 12 weeks going on 13 weeks and she bit me today on EVERY interaction I had with her. Not nipping...BITING. Jumping and lunging at my legs and my feet. I am a single work from home fur mom and I have no one to help me as I live in a new town with closest family 2 hours away. I was almost at the brink of saying this is too hard, maybe I need to return her to the breeder but I'm determined not to give up based on the feedback of others. Hang in there, we all know what these days are like firsthand!

3. Martha B

Martha B Registered Users

I am in the same boat! My girl was doing well then all of a sudden she started to become a thief! She takes whatever she can get and chews it! It has become really bad since 2 of my grandchildren came here for a visit. They are 2 and 5 and I don't know if she is jealous or what. She also started digging up the yard! I am about to lose my mind!

4. CarrieAlma

CarrieAlma Registered Users

Hi, I know its really disheartening especially when you feel like you've made progress, but all pups go through a rebellious stage. Alma decided to toilet indoors again and forget everything we had tought her! I literally felt like I did not know what to do. The biting was especially difficult for me and was often followed by lots of lonely crying, wondering if I had made the right decision by getting her...followed by huge amounts of guilt for even thinking that. I am not even sure exhaustion is the right word to explain it as it just felt so much more than that...but it really does get better. Muster up as much patience as you can and once it passes its amazing! I feel I have a stronger bond with Alma because it was only me and her that see those though times through (my partner works long hours and Alma was often asleep when he got home) just keep going over the training you have already been doing and it'll all come back to them at some point and the biting is a phase too...it feels like it goes on forever but it really will ease over time.

Annamarie Gebar likes this.
  5. CarrieAlma

CarrieAlma Registered Users

With counter top surfing I gentle popped her back down on the floor and tried to get her to learn that all 4 paws on the floor is a good thing. I would say no, pop her feet back down and try get her to sit and wait, then treat if she stayed on the floor without jumping. Easier said than done with a dog that doesn't want to listen but with repetition we finally got there.

Annamarie Gebar likes this.