Puppy nighttime problems & crying

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by ARNIE_lab, Jul 4, 2020.

1. ARNIE_lab

ARNIE_lab Registered Users

We have an 8 week old yellow lab who cries all night. To say we are exhausted is an understatement! He has a small crate surrounded by a smallish pen where we put newspaper down for the night. This is a replication of how he was raised with his breeder. He won't nap in the crate during the day. I've tried putting treats on his vet bed and he happily goes in and eats, sits down then promptly leaves... At night we take him out at 11pm for his last wee and then crate him. He has kong toy, other soft toys, radio on low, blanket over the crate, very low lighting. He cries immediately when we leave. After 30 minutes or so he starts to settle butn cries on and off all night. There is not enough room in our bedroom to have him with us. This morning I came down to a huge pooey mess everywhere (inside the pen not the crate). His cries are awful, and sound like a monkey in distress. Our breeder told us not to go down to see him. I know I hsve puppy blues and I'm at the end of my tether. Any advice please thank you