Puppy not keen on her crate

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by fionamcam, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Jes72

Jes72 Registered Users

Re: Puppy not keen on her crate

Your pen looks great and super sturdy.
    Just wondering how you get to your wine now? ;)

2. fionamcam

fionamcam Registered Users

I put Mabel's crate in a different room in the house last night where her crying was much more muted. I slept so much better (not sure if she did though!) and feel much more human this morning. I"m not actually opposed to her sleeping in our room, it is more that I wanted to form some good habits early on and thought it would help with the house training (which it has). I'm going to persevere as I know it is only early days yet but the puppy pen looks like an excellent option if things don't improve (though clearly I will need to ensure that it doesn't hinder access to my wine ;D).
    Mabel is happily playing at my feet with a cows ear. She is so velvety soft and gorgeous - worth all the dramas!

3. CDM

CDM Registered Users

[quote author=fionamcam link=topic=10010.msg146651#msg146651 date=1425158678]
    I put Mabel's crate in a different room in the house last night where her crying was much more muted. I slept so much better (not sure if she did though!) and feel much more human this morning. I"m not actually opposed to her sleeping in our room, it is more that I wanted to form some good habits early on and thought it would help with the house training (which it has). I'm going to persevere as I know it is only early days yet but the puppy pen looks like an excellent option if things don't improve (though clearly I will need to ensure that it doesn't hinder access to my wine ;D).
    Mabel is happily playing at my feet with a cows ear. She is so velvety soft and gorgeous - worth all the dramas!
    [/quote]

They are gorgeous balls of mischief aren't they?! I put Bella back in the kitchen last night ( with crate open and where she is during day) she's been with me last few months due to her levels of distress but she was fab didn't hear a peep!! I actually missed not waking up to her pretty face ha but I'm pleased she's able to start sleeping in kitchen again ( plus she's outgrown the travel crate I was using in my room now)