Puppy problems - will things EVER improve???

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Karen, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Ah sorry, I thought you meant the headcollar thing.

2. Lipman

Lipman Registered Users

Thank you for this post! We just got our little Lab mix pup and sit here exhausted, sleep deprived, and greatly appreciative of the comfort of knowing there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

EmmaHughes and Karen like this.
  3. Karen

Karen Moderator Forum Supporter

Glad to be of help!

Welcome to the forum @Lipman :) Gosh what a sweetie you have there! What's her name, and what kind of mix is she?

4. Lipman

Lipman Registered Users

Thank you! His name is Vonnegut :) But we call him Vonnie :heart: We believe he's mixed with rhodesian ridgebacks, but since he's on the smaller side than the average lab I'm not sure. Rhodesian's tend to be huge!

5. Alison99

Alison99 Registered Users

HELP!! I have a 4 month old male lab. He is very boisterous and one of the main problems we have is biting, he will jump up on the sofa and bite whichever part of you he comes into contact with first, when playing with him he always grabs and bites your arm or hand rather than the toys and is always grabbing at clothes. He does growl and constantly barks and looks at you when doing this. I know okay can be rough sometimes but I am worried and also exhausted with him! He has been to puppy classes and we have had a 1 to 1 also to try and sort his behaviour. We are giving him downtime so he can sleep as he rarely settles unless he is in his cage ... we don't shut him in his cage, just the kitchen. He has frozen toys and we scatter his food etc. to make him work but I am at my wits end with him, any advice please?

6. Boogie

Boogie Moderator

Welcome to you.

Here is some excellent advice - https://www.thelabradorsite.com/excited-puppy/

7. Michele Hawley

Michele Hawley Registered Users

Haha Karen do you know my Quinn? All but the barking he does not bark - he found his big boy voice one day and scared the crap out of himself lol. He dug a hole to china in my raised garden bed and in our lawn. Oh those needle teeth, but they did fall out lol, He is a little nippy even being bigger, rugs are non existent for now and the little ones I do own have lil holes, but still we are getting 2nd puppy coming Feb 7th and I couldn't be happier. My husband and I figure get the crazys out and over with and then have two fantastic dogs. I couldn't love my Quinn more so everyone just be patient. I just keep working on one thing at a time and it is working, next is keeping him from jumping on people and my kitchen counters. :)

drjs@5 likes this.