Puppy scared of clicker

Discussion in 'Labrador Training' started by Samantha Corbett, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Samantha Corbett

Samantha Corbett Registered Users

Hi. Yesterday I began 'charging' my clicker. I did a session of 20 C&Ts and all went well. When I revisited this today, after 5 C&Ts my 9wk old's tail went between her legs and she shot out of the room. Now, every time I get a pot of treats or my clicker she runs off . How do I make her see the clicker in a positive way when every time I click it she runs off? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

2. Jojo83

Jojo83 Registered Users

Some dogs are sensitive to the sound :( . Your options are to try and reduce the sound, for example have the clicker in a pocket and click, try a different vlucker with a different sound level - they do vary alot or ditch the clicker and use a marker word - click is good and not something you say in normal day to day conversations. The training will progress with a marker word and it's more important that your pup is happy and enjoying training. With the treat pot just use a different pot and try some chicken breast diced into very small squares.

Samantha Corbett likes this.
  3. Samantha Corbett

Samantha Corbett Registered Users

Thank you for replying Jojo83 I've wrapped the clicker in a sock to muffle the sound and that seems to have done the trick (especially in combination with the higher value reward!)

Jojo83 and drjs@5 like this.