Puppy sick overnight

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Ridd3ll, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Ridd3ll

Ridd3ll Registered Users

Hi all,

Just wanting to vent a worry as our Lola was sick in her crate last night (sometime during the night - we think between midnight and 6am). She has never done this before.

There was a brown patch on her mat with some grass (we also think she ate some of the sick) so think it may have been something she ate. We increased her food over weekend (as of Saturday and has been fine) so wonder if it’s connected or she’s maybe ate her last meal to fast and not digested properly.

Hubby stayed at home today with her and she’s been her normal self and not refusing food or water.

Wondering it if just a one off, obviously see how she goes overnight tonight and if she sick again we will call the vet.
    x

2. J.D

J.D Registered Users

Hi
    Hoping Lola ok again now.
    Dogs tend to eat grass when they are feeling off. The fact she was then sick is probably a good thing. She probably did then eat some of it again especially if she is kibble fed. It tends to come back as swollen up pieces. Nice I know.
    Keep us posted.

3. Saffy/isla

Saffy/isla Registered Users

Hi there, I hope Lola is now well and that you've had no more sickness. Maybe she ate something, our Isla is sick if she chews a bit off one of her toys, even a tiny bit of rubber or plastic and she vomits, she also will promptly eat it if I'm not quick enough, lovely eh.

4. Ridd3ll

Ridd3ll Registered Users

Thanks all,

It turned out to be a one off, she was totally fine. I think we’ve either overfed her or something’s been lying in her stomach she needed to bring up. However, she has a nylabone chew bone and I checked this and I think she may have eaten a bit off that so could have been this as well.

She is kibble fed so makes sense she ate some.

x