Puppy Toilet Training

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by GoldenlabZola, Sep 16, 2020.

1. GoldenlabZola

GoldenlabZola Registered Users

Hi there

I was just looking for some advice. My golden lab puppy Zola is 12 weeks now. She’d had all her vaccines and we’re just now starting the toilet training phase. I don’t have a private garden and she had a parasite when I first brought her home so I didn’t want to take her outside as I got paranoid she would get more more sick or unwell. Previously she was relatively good at going on puppy pads with occasional accidents. Now we go outside every hour or so or when she wakes up from a nap after play or any signs of needing to go. She wakes once through the night and we go straight out. I need to carry her or she’ll go before we make it there.

My question is will she just start to tell me herself when she needs to go out? We’ve had the occasional accidents maybe 2 pees and 1 poop a day in doors the rest all outside. But when she does have accidents she doesn’t ever seem to tell me she wants to go outside or that I miss her ques. It just seems to be all of a sudden.

Is there anything I’m missing or should introduce? I give her lots of praise and treats when she goes outside and just ignore her accidents and clean them up

Thank you!