Puppy Training Challenge 1

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by pippa@labforumHQ, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Micki

Micki Registered Users

So I have two.... (Yes I'm crazy) lab pups. A silver named Turkey, andaChocolate named Choco. We have been working on manners. I snap my fingers and use a finger pointed upward for sit. They got that pretty well no treats for that but i did use shunning. Where I turned away when they did not comply. As for manners they now will sit so nicely when they see me grab their dishes to feed them. They wait till I give the command "ok" to approach their bowls. They do not try to eat or take my food usually. These pups do not always get it right. But I say they are pups. They will eventually.

2. 5labs

5labs Registered Users

Hi! Can you tell us more about your 'silver' pup? What country are you in?

3. Marta Perales Gutierrez

Marta Perales Gutierrez Registered Users

Thank you very much for explaining everything so well and for the videos. I have a question, is there any age limit to educate the dogs? Thank you!

4. Julesuk

Julesuk Registered Users

Hi we have been trying the video for capturing calmness. I have 1 question. Our pup is lying down when we sit down next the chair but she is always looking at us or pawing our leg to get the treat. She doesn’t physically just relax, she just stays in a ‘sphynx’ position. Does this come with time as we increase the time between treats or are we rewarding the wrong lie down?

5. Lady Maybelline

Lady Maybelline Registered Users

Hi! I was wondering if there was a preferred time to practice this? After meals, before, after walks? Also I've been using little pieces of green beans as a low reward treat would I start with a bowl of green beans or like a bit of her kibble? When I use her kibble she doesn't really chew it all the time is it too big or hard? I'm afraid I'm confusing her, and I'm having a hard time getting other members of the house to follow training. Any tips on how to educate others?