Puppy training classes

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Sarah B, Aug 3, 2016.

1. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

We've just finished our foundation puppy classss tonight and got a lovely certificate.

I found them really fun as did Stanley. He could already do pretty much all of the commands before we went but as others have said it was good to get him to do them around other dogs. And also learn my puppy isn't the naughtiest one in the world!

Sarah B and Joy like this.
  2. SteffiS

SteffiS Registered Users

Ripple is a bronze failure :(, he can't manage a one minute stay. We've given up on the classes now after two and a half rounds and started 121 with a gun dog trainer. This week he brought his own labs along and we had a really great training session, I think classes just weren't Ripples thing :).

Joy likes this.
  3. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Sorry I wasn't liking that you said Ripple was a bronze failure (and actually I shouldn't have used that term as its 'not ready') but pleased that you've had such a great session with a gundog trainer. I actually did the same - gave up on bronze classes and went to gundog training for 6 months - and Molly made huge progress. Ultimately I couldn't afford to keep going to the gundog training so went back to bronze and passed it easily, and then on to silver and gold. So you just need to do what's right for your dog at the stage they're at.

SteffiS likes this.
  4. Xena Dog Princess

Xena Dog Princess Registered Users

How odd that it's so different. Yes, the president said that passing gold meant that anybody could take his dog for a 15 min walk around the block and she'd walk perfectly and respond to any cue! Might have to ask the trainer next week if she knows why we have a different system here.