Questions

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by Kaytelyn, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Kaytelyn

Kaytelyn Registered Users

Hi,
    I was recently told about this website, and I now have a question about it. The name of the website says the Labrador forum, so is this site just for those who own Labradors or is it for any dog owner? I just recently got my first dog, a Gerberian Shepsky, which is a German Shepherd husky mix, and I am thinking I could learn somethings from what is put on the site.
    Thank you for any answers. :)

2. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Hi there, when I started this forum in 2011 it was a part of the Labrador Site and mainly for Labradors and their owners. It has since evolved into a much broader site and we welcome visitors with dogs of any breed or mix. Congratulations on your new dog, and look forward to hearing all about him.

3. Kaytelyn

Kaytelyn Registered Users

Thanks! He is so sweet, cute and funny. We got him from an animal shelter last week, and have since then realized that he had been abused in his previous home. He is scared of a lot of things. He was abused so much that I by myself could not train him. The good thing is I have a cousin who trains dogs and has been working with dogs for over ten years. So my dog, Duke is at her place so that he will have confidence and hopefully will know how to behave like a dog. Duke had no idea how to play and my cousin has three dogs that are helping him learn how to play.
    I am hoping to be able to teach him to do agility, as well as find other things he might enjoy doing. He enjoys pulling things and my cousin says in the winter he will probably be able to pull a sled. Any ideas for what he might enjoy learning besides agility? He is a working breed.

One more question about the forums...
    Are there areas that are only for Labrador owners or can I use all sections?
    Thank you!