Random "dog thoughts" thread

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Xena Dog Princess, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Xena Dog Princess

Xena Dog Princess Registered Users

I thought that this could be a place where members can share random thoughts that they don't think warrant their own post. Could be about your dog, your friend's dog, a random dog you met or saw today!

I'll kick off:

Yesterday I saw a 10 week old Pug puppy at the pool! It was the cutest, softest little lump ever, and gave me massive Pug envy. His name was Diesel. His person told me that they'd recently lost their 12 year old Lab, and as lovely as he was she just wanted a small dog this time. I know that Pugs are riddled with health issues but damn, I'm a sucker for those googly eyes and smooshy face.

2. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

We've got a coffee morning here for Guide Dogs, I'm farming Tatze out as she adores visitors and is the exact opposite of calm! Bruce, 11 months takes it all in his stride!

Pilatelover, Bruer and Naya like this.
  3. Chococheer

Chococheer Registered Users

I'm trying to decide sleeping arrangements. I bring my new puppy home in a week and have a pen, baby gate, and puppy bed set up in the spare room ready for him. I also live alone and have a whopper of a king size bed (which could easily accommodate a full sized Labrador in addition to myself). Do I or don't I? Hmmmmmm.

That's my random "dog thought" for the moment.

Naya, drjs@5 and snowbunny like this.
  4. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

I think your dog will choose for you :D

Hollysdad, Rosie, Naya and 2 others like this.
  5. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

We raised £180 - yay!!

Five dogs here - all GRs, mayhem!

:happyfeet:

6. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

I'd go for it! You've plenty of space, and it is lovely with a big dog keeping you company at night. We have big dog & 2 people on only a double bed!

Laura1989 and Pilatelover like this.
  7. SevandJack

SevandJack Registered Users

Finally convinced dad that going to dogwoods is great, went a few days ago, me with Jackie and dad with Godzilla. Went great, we met the cutest french bulldog named Doris. Her owners were really impressed with the size of Godzilla and Bassets in general, found him very charming. Dad couldn't stop chuckling over naming a dog Doris.

MF likes this.
  8. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Two people and two dogs on a double bed here! It gets cosy! Dogs aren't normally allowed on beds, but they have been at our new place until we get downstairs sorted. The room is more than big enough for a bigger bed, but we prefer a regular double bed. At least, when we're not sharing it with the wrigglers!

9. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

My random thought - one of the windows in our bedroom is still the old type - we haven't got round to replacing it yet. It has wooden shutters on the inside which we close at night to stop Willow barking at the moon. Now it's cooler, when I open the shutters in the morning, it has condensation on the glass. The dogs don't like this and bark at it. :wasntme:

Pilatelover, Beanwood and drjs@5 like this.
  10. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

On a walk with Benson this morning, I absently told him to "mind that hole.." he looked up and fell in anyway. Does anyone else tell their dog to watch out for things? Or is it just me? :)

11. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog

Cool idea for a random doggie thought thread! (And I love pugs, too!)

I'm staying with a friend of a friend and they have a malinois whom I met yesterday. Gorgeous girl and former Schutzhund champion. She is only five years old but her owner decided to retire her and since her dogs are all competitive working dogs and not pets, this girl ended up with a new family. They know nothing about Schutzhund or even really what she can do, just that they love her and spoil her rotten. To help her get used to me, I asked her to do some obedience positions (front, flip turn) and her new people didn't even know she knew these commands. It was pretty cool to be able to do just a little bit of what I used to do with Brogan and fun to see her new family discover something new about this girl. But what is even cooler for me is that they don't care about her "bells and whistles" but just that she is a wonderful dog who they love to bits. :heart:

12. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

I talk to Coco as if he was a person all the time - last week while we were out I spied a Hen Harrier cruising along the hedge in a field, then over the road and right across another field - hunting low. I pointed it out to him and explained how rare they are and how lucky we were to see it. I think he took it all in...

13. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

loving this thread...:)

14. Xena Dog Princess

Xena just nicked half of my daughter's breakfast brioche off her plate, complete with smear of Nutella. We've had this dog for over 4 months, when will the humans in this family realise you can't leave food/precious belongings unsupervised?

drjs@5 likes this.
  15. Xena Dog Princess

I agree with your dad, weird name for a dog, but PERFECT name for a Frenchie. Can't be many Dorises in Sweden though...can't be many Dorises anywhere, actually heh.

SevandJack likes this.
  16. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

OH still hasn't grasped the concept of putting things at the back of the work top.

I can currently see a syrup sponge that's about to be snaffled :D

17. Emily

Emily Registered Users

I had a lady once say to me "wow, you certainly do talk to your dog a lot don't you?" I smiled and said thank you. She backed away slowly :rofl:

We also met a French Bulldog puppy the it her day. Lovely dog but they cost a small fortune and have soooooo many issues. We were chatting with the owner and found out that it cost $6k to buy and they'd already spent $3k in vets bills due to breathing/facial issues :(:eek:

Pilatelover likes this.
  18. Emily

Emily Registered Users

I met a gorgeous GR the other day. A lovely 9 month old boy. He was so calm and cuddly and so much better behaved than Ella at the same age (not trained, I don't think he even knew sit! Just a gentle, sensible boy). However he had the most horrendous hips and back legs I've seen since my FIL's GSD was pts. When he tried to play with Ella his back legs we wobbling and giving way and one sort of just tucked underneath when her ran. It made me want to cry.

I wanted to ask owner about it but I didn't. Now I'm annoyed I didn't. Surely they knew his hips were awful? Didn't they?

19. Emily

Emily Registered Users

@Xena Dog Princess you are going to regret this thread. My entire day is made up of random thoughts!

20. Chococheer

Chococheer Registered Users

Yes, you're all probably right - who can resist a cuddly little puppy to snuggle with? ; )