Random "dog thoughts" thread

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Xena Dog Princess, Oct 29, 2016.

1. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

What do you guys do when it's thundering and lightening?

It's just starting here and me and OH we're about to head out and I've said I'm not going anymore.

Stanleys never shown any fear towards thunder and lightening or any noise for that matter, but I just hate the thought of him being sat in his bed potentially getting scared if I'm not there (even though I'm 99% sure it wouldn't bother him).

I think I'm probably being an overprotective mam aren't I? :D

Cath likes this.
  2. Emily

Emily Registered Users

Just found out that they're holding a bird show at the same place as our obedience trial today :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

3. Kelsey&Axel

Kelsey&Axel Registered Users

Both my dogs don't even flinch at all. So I do leave them home alone if I need to go out or if I am already out.

4. Kelsey&Axel

Could be interesting :eek:

kateincornwall likes this.
  5. Sven

Sven Registered Users

She looks very happy and cozy.
    Yep I was looking at a new one now that winter is setting in and she has outgrown her puppy one...

6. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

We had a good day visiting family it wasn't too hot and we could do stuff. There were loads of armed police officers about. Rory made friends with one he is so soppy. He licked the poor officer who just laughed and made a fuss of him. I got to the dog discount warehouse thingy and got loads of stuff. The car stunk of fish sticks and tripe OH was delighted :rolleyes: we went for a nice walk but nearly got run over by one if the drug sellers on a motorbike. He was doing about 20 mph on the pavement:mad:

I weakened and bought a puppy harness too. Moo and Rory were so good although Rory did pinch a pitcher of milk:)

7. Xena Dog Princess

Xena Dog Princess Registered Users

I just ordered 32 poo bag rolls (480 bags) so that I could qualify for free shipping o_O Living the dream.

Also, I love it when these two sleep on the same sofa. Daisy lets Xena sleep on her own bed for a change:

[​IMG]

8. Xena Dog Princess

Xena Dog Princess Registered Users

I'd just leave the radio on quite loud and go out tbh. We've had electrical storms before, usually in the early hours of the morning, and I haven't worried about Xena. How's Stanley with noises usually? Xena grew up with the sound of all sorts of power tools, including a nail gun, so she's pretty non-plussed about most noises.

9. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

:rofl: :poop:

10. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

;)

11. Kelsey&Axel

I was asked today if Axel is an English setter.... :facepalm:

drjs@5 likes this.
  12. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

Hope you told them yes and that Odie was a chow :D

13. Kelsey&Axel

:cwl:

14. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

We had the Mother of all thunder storms on Friday night, it went on for almost two hours, right overhead . I sat on the bed with the curtains open , watching the lightening, amazing if a little scary at times . Nell, bless her, slept through it, one positive to being quite deaf I suppose ! Sam never does react but I went into the sitting room to see if they were both alright , Nell sound asleep in her bed , Sam had got off the sofa , onto the chair in front of the window , had parted the curtains with his head , sat there watching the lightening ! Went back to bed, leaving the door open ( bungalow ) . How do they know that you`ve left the door open ? Had company for the rest of the night x

Granca, Sven and SwampDonkey like this.
  15. 20180815

20180815 Guest

Ergh...fail walk this morning...had my first encounter with human waste, which was left in the middle of a narrow, overgrown footpath, and looked fairly recent -_- Suffice to say I won't be wandering that way again!

Granca and drjs@5 like this.
  16. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Squidge had her first human poo yesterday, too. Down a really steep bank by a river. I'm impressed someone went to such lengths to get away from the path. Didn't make it any less disgusting, mind. :puke:

17. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

6 months ago trying to deal with Stanley on a hangover was HELL! I rang my dad crying once to get him to come & take him for the day :D

Today, he's been my little buddy. Didn't wake me up until 10, has spent all morning having cuddles with me and he shared my cheese pasty :D

I think I'd have been lonely without my little pal while OH's at work. :)

Granca and Rosie like this.
  18. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Love Beau's cheesy smile.

20180815 likes this.
  19. Emily

Emily Registered Users

I assumed that Ella had taken herself off to sleep on our bed (she does this every evening after about 8pm) but when I went to our room she wasn't there. I found her in Nathan's room, sleeping on the rug next to his cot. That's a first :heart:

20. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Day off today..so a bit of training with Bramble up on the top field. Set up a nice retrieve, she marked it well. Set off like a rocket..ooh I thought, this is good! Then she took a sharp left ramped up a gear and disappeared off into the wood. I did hear a bark..sounded like a fox. So I am there, waiting for her. I had a target pole, game bag, Brambles mat. Eventually she comes tearing out of the wood, back to the dummy, sharp right and back to me. Bl>>>dy madam!!