Random "dog thoughts" thread

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Xena Dog Princess, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Kelsey&Axel

Kelsey&Axel Registered Users

Ok thanks everyone! Tried it out in the bush today. It's snug enough on him that I wasn't worried in the end. But swimming I'll be taking it off as I don't want it to get smelly as well as I worry what potentially could get caught.

2. Emily

Emily Registered Users

We just called Ella up onto the bed for a cuddle before we go to sleep. She ignored us and went to her bed! I am totally insulted! :donttalk:

edzbird, Kelsey&Axel, Sven and 3 others like this.
  3. Sven

Sven Registered Users

We seem to have a sock missing...the other one was wet...either trip to the Vet for a puke first thing or wait for a few days and see...

drjs@5 likes this.
  4. Cath

Cath Registered Users

:chuckle:

5. Beckyt6

Beckyt6 Registered Users

We thought it was a good idea to host a party at our house - 20 people, 2 10 month old babies and our 15 month old Labrador. What were we thinking? :s. Please can someone tell me it will be ok or offer tips :s

Sven, Kelsey&Axel and drjs@5 like this.
  6. QuinnM15

QuinnM15 Registered Users

It will be fine! We get Quinn a raw bone...she refuses to miss any action but will lay on her bed in the same room as the party with her bone for ages. She's pretty good, but since we give her stuff from our plates, can be a bit of a beggar and I don't like her doing that to guests so distract her with a bone!

Xena Dog Princess, Sven and Beckyt6 like this.
  7. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

Stanley just had a MENTAL moment! He literally lost his little mind. Digging frantically at the floor and running around.

He hasn't done that since he was little enough to be picked up and put in his crate. It was a lot more to deal with now he's the size he is.

I forgot how awful it is. Luckily he's flopped down now :rolleyes:

edzbird, Sven and drjs@5 like this.
  8. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Coco got a dose of his own rough medicine last night. When playing, he plays rough, last week he was too rough for 1 year old Husky, Alaska, and he had to go back on lead (though this week, she upped her wrestling game with him - she is a right madam, and loves Coco). He was playing chase-the-ball with his big friend, Mastiff-cross, Loki. Loki is huge & clumsy and was the chaser, several times he got Coco with his huge feet, causing Coco to twist round and shout. Loki immediately bowed his head and they carried on.

Sven, SwampDonkey and Cath like this.
  9. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

Me and Rory are watching Enter the Dragon. Rory reckons Bruce Lee's got nothing on him. Naa na na naa na naa.

Sven and drjs@5 like this.
  10. JenBainbridge

I just got told to "go and eat sh*t" because I questioned someone's use of a shock collar on a Facebook group.

I think that pretty much sums up the intelligence of these people :rolleyes:

momofone, Sven and edzbird like this.
  11. SwampDonkey

Well I hope you've learned your lesson young lady. Leave the dog training the mental giants ;) fb is a wonderful place everyone gets to have an opinion even the people who like to live in the dark ages. Bless them:rolleyes:

12. Joy

Joy Registered Users

13. Joy

Joy Registered Users

We've finally taken down the stair gate. Molly will be four soon, so I guess it's about time.:rolleyes:

14. JenBainbridge

Ugh. I'm really annoyed at OH.

Stanley has been a bit of a terror tonight and been grabbing the washing off the line. The last time he had a pair of OH's boxer shorts.

Now OH regularly chases Stanley round the garden for fun - I've told him a million times don't do it because he thinks it's a game, but of course I get ignored. So he starts chasing him for these boxers - Stanley thinks it's the best game ever.

I could hear him really shouting so I went out and told him to stop shouting and stop chasing him just as Stanley ran past me, and I caught him. I was about to tell him to leave it and OH came over, grabbed him off me, still shouting and shoved him in his crate still shouting at him.

Well that was it - I was so so angry with him. It was pretty much his fault for always chasing him and making it into a game! I let Stanley out and was comforting him because he was clearly stressed and panting and digging at the floor. Then he was sick on the rug - OH claims it to be a coincidence but I think it's because he was stressed.

My poor boo will be sleeping in the bed with me tonight - the OH.. well that's questionable :mad:

15. SteffiS

SteffiS Registered Users

In the crate? :D

Granca and momofone like this.
  16. JenBainbridge

I'm thinking more the shed, I've made Stanleys crate really cosy ;)

Me and Stanley just shared his cream cake I bought for him as well. You know, handling it like a mature adult :rolleyes:

17. SwampDonkey

Bet it tasted lovely :D

JenBainbridge likes this.
  18. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Dreadful!
    Did you respond or step away?

Oh dear - that's bad.....

JenBainbridge likes this.
  19. JenBainbridge

I just told her that people only insult you when they have nothing intelligent to say and that I just felt sorry for her dogs because they deserve better.

She'd said previously that she has 5 dogs which she uses shock collars on, sent away for training as puppies and all of them only started recalling once they were neutered.

She got banned from the group shortly after for the way she spoke to me I think. There's no reasoning with people like that.

20. JenBainbridge

We saw a St Bernard and Newfoundland on our walk today.

They were amazing :inlove: I was completely in love with them

drjs@5 and momofone like this.