Random "dog thoughts" thread

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Xena Dog Princess, Oct 29, 2016.

1. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Aw, bless.....
    Good luck!
    Hope you weren't Going Sober For October....

snowbunny likes this.
  2. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

I'm a bit crumpled but I managed to stop the bike getting too damaged with my soft body it's just got a few scratches which we think will polish out. I don't like lying in roads covered in gravel

Granca, edzbird and Rosie like this.
  3. SteffiS

SteffiS Registered Users

I think I've just about recovered from yesterday's agility :rolleyes:. Ripple went into ultra silly mode at meeting new dogs and it was a job to get his attention long enough to actually do any agility at all.
    Ripple did find time to go over the jumps and also learnt how to go through the tunnel. The bits he did were quite good but getting him to concentrate was a nightmare.
    I don't know who was more exhausted me or Ripple :D.

Atemas, snowbunny, QuinnM15 and 2 others like this.
  4. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

My ploy was to find a teenage girl to do the running and to admire from afar :D

SwampDonkey, snowbunny and SteffiS like this.
  5. SwampDonkey

It gets better he might even focus as time goes on its just new. he's just amazing I wish Id got half his energy.

SteffiS likes this.
  6. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Jeez...your bedroom must look somewhat like the opening scenes from CSI...:eek::eek::D

snowbunny likes this.
  7. Kelsey&Axel

Kelsey&Axel Registered Users

These two are just the cutest together :heart:

32B6E85C-B6A0-43AE-AC48-E788F812C4B5.jpeg

D301AA4A-1388-42FD-B06E-BE8225424ED6.jpeg

8. Sven

Sven Registered Users

@Kelsey&Axel that is one very cute pair fast and happy asleep.

@snowbunny hope you don't have white sheets. When Vanilla went into her season we found out waking one morning with blood stains on the sheets. She was very clingy prior so we knew it was about to happen...

@SwampDonkey without getting my head bitten off, it is only a piece of metal (albeit nice). Hope you are OK and not to bruised.

9. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

@Kelsey&Axel that is cuteness overload!!!

Luckily, Luna prefers to sleep on the sofa downstairs, so it's just a case of listening out for the pitter-patter of feet in the morning that announces she's about to come up and jump on my head - now that would be a gruesome start to the day! The sofa is covered, but it's just a temporary sofa while we're working on the house, anyway, so it doesn't matter if it gets a bit grubby - just as well, it already is. And the floors are tile throughout. I'm not sure I could go through this with carpet; I'd end up investing in some of those funny little pants for dogs :D

drjs@5, Kelsey&Axel and Sven like this.
  10. SwampDonkey

I'm fine :D

Sven likes this.
  11. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Oh Coco! He absconded in the plantation this morning (we've not been there for about 3 weeks and he's been sticking close for months now). I saw him run into the trees and thought he was zooming - he'd just been zooming up and down some very muddy ruts - but he didn't come around. I whistled. Nothing. I called his name. Nothing. I called "middle". Nothing. I went back to name calling...I decided to stay put. It felt like an eternity, but after 4-5 minutes he came galloping through the trees down the hill. PHEW! I praised him for returning and sitting, we played some games...then I noticed his harness was brown, his back was "sticky" - sniff sniff - little b*99er's been rolling in poo, that's why he wouldn't come back!

I've spot cleaned him with Cowboy Magic, washed his harness, changed his collar - but I'm missing some of it - he still stinks.

Granca, Sven, drjs@5 and 3 others like this.
  12. SwampDonkey

Ears? Or deep in his ruff. It could the vile slimely kind that still stinks after you can't see it.might require full decontamination.

edzbird likes this.
  13. Jazzmynn

Jazzmynn Registered Users

Kelsey&Axel likes this.
  14. leejane

leejane Mum to the Mooster

I've struck a deal with my neighbour to have monty in her house for a couple of afternoons a week. He gets late morning walks anyway, then she's going to come in between 1 and 2 and take him over the road to her house with her 2 labradoodles for a couple of hours to play with them. I've offered her a small amount of money to formalise the deal a bit, so fingers crossed it works out. Will allow me to work longer days at work then take the time back when I want with the Moo.

Joy, Sven, Kelsey&Axel and 4 others like this.
  15. M&M16

M&M16 Registered Users

16. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

:cwl:

Stacia likes this.
  17. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Love it :cwl:

18. Sven

Sven Registered Users

That is one happy little dog, excellent

19. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Deep clean complete. We spent the night with a stinky, poo-impregnated dog on the bed. OH decreed "that dog MUST be bathed today" - well we're out at training tonight, so I guess that falls to me this morning. After a gallop through the sea, I hosed him down. Gave him a good scrub with Animology Fox Poo shampoo - though it's not fox poo - I did have a Portashower of warm water ready, but Coco preferred the jet of a cold hosepipe! Hose, zoom, hose, scrub, zoom, scrub, zoom, scrub, hose, hose, zoom, hose, zoom, towel, tug, towel, zoom, roll. I think it really is a 2 person job, Coco thinks it's a massive game.

drjs@5, Sven, Granca and 5 others like this.
  20. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Well done, I'm impressed.
    When Pongo was a puppy he went for a swim (yes, a SWIM) in the local slurry pit. I washed him til he was the shiniest white Labrador in the world and he still reeked to high heaven.

drjs@5 likes this.