Random "dog thoughts" thread

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Xena Dog Princess, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog

I couldn't figure out what you were talking about and went back to look at the photo...and...oh geez, you're horrible...that's a GALILEO NYLABONE!

Not sure if that deserves a :facepalm: or a :cwl:

2. Sven

Sven Registered Users

@Emily_BabbelHund Now I wonder how many people will look at that picture again and differently? :p

drjs@5, Beanwood, Kelsey&Axel and 4 others like this.
  3. Emily

Emily Registered Users

I went straight back for a second look! :cwl:

4. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Me too! Kate, you're incorrigible (but hilarious) :cwl:

Beanwood likes this.
  5. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Shadow sometimes "grooms" me with his front teeth first thing in the morning. It's very sweet, I call him "Nibbly Noo". This morning, he was standing on the bed doing it while I was getting dressed by the side. I bent down and he got a little more in his teeth than just my T-shirt. Kinda wished I had a padded bra on... ouch! :eek:

drjs@5, Aitch, Kelsey&Axel and 2 others like this.
  6. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

OH is adamant that Stanley needs to stop being a tea towel thief. This is how it goes..

Stanley trots past with tea towel, OH proceeds to chase him round the coffee table. Eventually catches him and a game of tug starts.

OH eventually wins.. points to the tea towel going Stanley, this is naughty you don't steal these.

Walks back to the kitchen impressed with his effort in training. Comes back and sits on the couch..

Stanley trots back with the tea towel again. OH = :eek:

:facepalm:

7. Aitch

Aitch Registered Users

Had an interesting day with Amber today. Started out with her whining and being miserable followed by being as sick as a dog. Then after a short walk she went out into the garden,( I had a dog door fitted ) pulled a mature rose and a choisia up and then broke a philadelphus down to the base. She then went for a sleep while I struggled with my sanity.
    This evening she came to me TWICE with a bic razor in her mouth. This was particularly odd as there aren't any in the house! Thankfully I got them away from her before she did herself any damage. I can only assume somebody threw them into the garden!!????!
    So this evening I will either be booking myself into a mental health hospital or having several stiff drinks! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Joy, drjs@5, edzbird and 1 other person like this.
  8. Sven

Sven Registered Users

@Aitch like the advert goes 'Why not do both?'

Aitch and drjs@5 like this.
  9. Emily

Emily Registered Users

Replace 'tea towel' with OH's socks (from open sock drawer) and you have just described a typical scenario in our house!

Another common occurrence in our house is for OH to say "Ella really shouldn't do x/y/z. She should know better" to which I always reply "well I've never actually trained her not to do that. Have you???"

edzbird, snowbunny, Aitch and 3 others like this.
  10. QuinnM15

QuinnM15 Registered Users

LOL...a quote from my house for sure! My favourite is OH taking credit for actually trained things in which there was zero participation or effort on his part to achieve!

Aitch, SwampDonkey and Emily like this.
  11. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

I bet everyone did - gave me a right giggle!

12. JenBainbridge

Stanley growled for the first time today :eek: or at least the first time I've heard.

We were walking our usual route and it started to get dark. I heard something scuttle in the bushes and Stanleys ears went up so I popped him on his lead.

I could see two things running in the bushes but I'm not sure what they were. I'd probably say rabbits. Then Stanley stood in front of me and gave a really low growl. I was so shocked!

I don't know if I'm happy he's protective of his mam or upset that he's done his first growl o_O

drjs@5 likes this.
  13. 20180815

20180815 Guest

My lab did his first today too, never heard him growl other than while dreaming! It was a very large cat who came out from under a car and tried to attack us, I've never experienced such an aggressive cat, it was huge and legit scary :eek:

14. Emily

Emily Registered Users

We're in that lovely part of spring where it's warm in the day (not too warm, just mid 20s) but still a bit cooler at night so no heating or air con needed and no mozzies yet so we can leave the back door open quite a bit.

I stuck my head our the back door when the sun was setting to find Ella basking in the last of the evening sun. I do love that she enjoys being outside, even if we're not out there as well.

Kelsey&Axel, drjs@5, Sven and 3 others like this.
  15. Emily

Emily Registered Users

@snowbunny, Ella is telling me that Luna is telling an interesting story.

Time to spill the beans... :D

16. JenBainbridge

Stanley knows OH is cooking bacon :D

Kelsey&Axel and drjs@5 like this.
  17. Sven

Sven Registered Users

OK we have the first spell of warm weather, and our next door neighbour had the snake man out on Sunday as they found a snake. Did not catch it so still loose in the neighbourhood. Went to the beach tonight and sign up saying Snakes on the beach. On Sunday it was snakes on the rocks....more things to look out for :)

18. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

At least you're not on a plain vanilla there's snakes there too so I've heard.
    Moo

Sven likes this.
  19. Kelsey&Axel

Kelsey&Axel Registered Users

I love this too. Whenever the sun is shining Axel wants to go and lie out in the sun, happy as can be.

20. SteffiS

SteffiS Registered Users

Ripple was brilliant today at gundog training. Conifer woods with dense heather in the clearings, steep slopes and a stream running through it. Collected the retrieve every time, followed direction, didn't wander off to eat stuff. My trainer said he needs the stimulation of new locations and gets bored when we keep using the same areas for training. All very well and good but not quite sure how this translates to a shoot :confused:.
    At least we both enjoyed ourselves :).

Joy, Sven, snowbunny and 3 others like this.