Random "dog thoughts" thread

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Xena Dog Princess, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Chococheer

Chococheer Registered Users

I missed the discussion in regard to Bogans and the mention of that old Australian classic..."Kookaburra Sits in the Old Gum Tree", but, as a Bogan myself, I offer you "our" alternate version - Kookaburra sits on an electric wire, jumping up and down with his tail (or "arse", depending on how crude you choose to be) on fire...cry, Kookaburra cry, Kookaburra...how :poop: your life must be.

:devil:

2. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Ha ha - If only I'd know this aged 8 at Brownies...

3. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

Beautiful afternoon here - DH and I decide to go to a Village fete - next Village to ours. Take both dogs. Fete is on the Village Green - idyllic setting. I sit down at a table with both dogs whilst DH buys coffee and cake. Suddenly a dog barks nearby and Red springs up and rushes towards the dog. The lead which I am holding gets twisted around my fingers and tightens and I can feel myself being pulled over. Chair and me end up on the grass. DH clutching coffee (slurping in the saucer) and cake rushes to my aid and so do other people. They actually have to lift me up. Embarrassing. Beginning to feel my age :rolleyes:. My poor hand - it’s a bit swollen and I can see bruises coming.

4. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

Oh dear @Atemas :(:(. I do hope you will be ok and make a good recovery. They are so quick and powerful when they do things like that.

Atemas likes this.
  5. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Oh no! a surprise lunge. Hope the swelling goes down quickly and it's not too painful. The embarrassment? That will fade very quickly.

Atemas and selina27 like this.
  6. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Oh no, I hope it's OK! Our dogs can be detrimental to our health! Yesterday, I turned to walk into the house from where I'd been talking to J and tripped over Squidge who had stealthily sidled up behind me. This dog doesn't normally know how to do stealth, and I certainly wasn't expecting her there. I went down like a sack of spuds and landed on my knee on the concrete with a crack loud enough for J to come running over instead of pointing and laughing - so it must have been loud! :D
    No real harm done, just a nice bruise and graze, but it does make me wonder if it's a good idea for someone as naturally clumsy as me to have four dogs :D

Atemas likes this.
  7. Lara

Lara Registered Users

:eek: dogs are certainly bad for health. I was once cuddling the pig and she was all sleepy and lovely and looking at me with her happy ears on so I leant down to snozzle her face, just at the moment that she had a very urgent and dramatic sneeze. Head butted me in the nose and gave me a nosebleed! I think OH had a heart attack me staggering in from the living room dripping blood!

8. Candy

Candy Registered Users

Joy's first Best Friend and still her Best Friend 9 months later is a lovely wire haired Vizsla called Hettie. She is 4 months older than Joy and although their play has always been boisterous, they're really well matched and neither tries to dominate the other. They absolutely LOVE each other and are always so so pleased to see each other. Fortunately Hettie's mum and dad (the dogs kind of met before we did) are also lovely, so it's great when we happen to meet up. I love to see the sort of dog play you describe, Emily, and to hear about it.

Atemas likes this.
  9. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

My friends patterdale who is tiny sneezed and head butted her in the mouth pushing her front 2 teeth right back. 2 root canals, a brace and 2 veneers later her teeth are finally back to normal :D

Atemas likes this.
  10. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Some years back I broke my wrist and in the waiting room at the hospital, 90% with fractures were due to accidents through dogs!

11. Lara

Lara Registered Users

My goodness I am going to be very cautious snozzling the Pig from now on... maybe I will purchase a mouth guard...

Atemas likes this.
  12. Joy

Joy Registered Users

@Atemas I hope your hand’s not too painful.

Atemas likes this.
  13. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

My fingers are bruised and I feel very sore in a few places - definitely fragile this morning. It’s scary really at how quickly these things happen. DH praised me for not crying - he said he could see I was close to it - I was! Wouldn’t have been a good look in front of so many people :rolleyes:. Bad enough having to be lifted up - my knees just aren’t good. Somehow bothers me so much more than when I was 10 years younger with Sky as a youngster. Red just oozes energy which I love to see in her but I am getting very wary of o_O.

14. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Oh dear, I hope you feel better soon. These things happen so quickly. I walked the dogs with my youngest son and daughter-in-law yesterday to visit a food fair up in the town. We crossed the road and stepped up onto the path nearby, whereupon I tripped (on the flat path, not on the step up to it!) and nearly went flying, but managed to save myself by sort of running horizontally across the path in front of a rather bewildered family walking along from the food fair. Fortunately I didn’t have either of the dogs - my son and daughter-in-law checked that I was ok, then strode on with the dogs, with me following rather sheepishly behind feeling a bit shaky. No damage done at all, but it still shook me up!

selina27 likes this.
  15. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Have a gentle day just pottering. Hope you feel better soon.

16. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

It's weird I feel naked and exposed with just one dog.its too risky I feel unsafe if that makes sense.

17. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Not wanting to sound trivial, but I think I would too around where you live.......

Maxx's Mum and edzbird like this.
  18. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

Maybe a pet fire breathing dragon would do the trick? ;) Rory's been so lovely today just wonderful, it's been such a pleasure being with him.

Maxx's Mum, edzbird, Granca and 2 others like this.
  19. QuinnM15

QuinnM15 Registered Users

I was woken up early this morning by Quinn growling...I thought she was having a doggy dream. Nope, she was actually growling at the rain (window was open) :hmm:

Maxx's Mum, Kelsey&Axel and Sven like this.
  20. Sven

Sven Registered Users

That is funny, even though you got woken up. Hope you managed to get back to sleep.
    Vanilla used to bark at her own reflection.

Maxx's Mum and QuinnM15 like this.