Random "dog thoughts" thread

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Xena Dog Princess, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Lara

Lara Registered Users

The Pig barks at the moon sometimes if it comes out unexpectedly, and raises her hackles up at it to scare it off!

2. Maxx's Mum

Maxx's Mum Registered Users

Oh dear, I've just had a catch up on this thread after a manic few days. I hope everyone who has had accidents are ok! I am so clumsy and always falling/tripping/spilling. I slopped hot oil over my wrist a week ago and BOY did it hurt! And the yelp (aka SHRIEK) I let out sent Maxx flying out of the kitchen into the lounge where hubby was watching the footy to hide under his legs!

3. Lara

Lara Registered Users

Oh poor you, that sounds painful! :( bless little maxx being scared by the shriek - at least he is empathic! I don’t think the Pig understands about pain, if I make a pain-noise she just runs up to me wagging her tail hoping that it might mean fun or kibble :rolleyes:

Maxx's Mum likes this.
  4. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

D61EAAA7-53CF-4F11-A39C-BA5A39D5658B.jpeg

Me and my OH don’t even do it secretly! :D

Sven, snowbunny, Aitch and 6 others like this.
  5. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Coco was intently ferreting in a gorse bush this morning. Head submerged, bum sticking out. I was chivvying him along. He triumphantly reappeared with a dead thing dangling from his mouth. "Eew...Coco leave it" I ventured. He dutifully dropped it immediately, and stood there staring at it. He got a chipolata for being so good. I gingerly picked it up by its foot - it was a soggy baby rabbit with no middle. Just a head and 4 legs, all joined by a backbone - always relieved to find someone else has killed it . Half expecting him to bound after it, I tossed it into the middle of the gorse - he almost shrugged as galloped off along the path.

Granca, Sven, snowbunny and 4 others like this.
  6. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

That dog on the right is really not enjoying being held like that!!

But one in ten? Meh, they're just the ones who admitted to it :D

7. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

Did they really need a survey?

8. Emily

Emily Registered Users

I was doing a couple of bits and pieces with Ella this evening (practising our new moves for our trial on Sunday) and the OH commented on how Ella and I were working together and how he thought that she was really enjoying it. It made me realise how much Ella and I have changed as a team. I'm not sure how and when it happened but it really feels as though our "training" is just be the best game ever and we seem to know what each other are going to do next.

Granca, Stacia, Sven and 9 others like this.
  9. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

That's so lovely to read Emily :) Both from the point of view that you have achieved that level of bond with Ella, and your OH for remarking on it.

Slightly different, as we don't compete, I've felt quite an increase in the bond between me and Cassie lately since we started agility, funnily enough. She really seems to enjoy the individual tasks we do and I find is looking to me for the next thing. Of course we have always done the "find it" game on walks and she often stops by a tree trunk or log as if to say "are we going to play then" but she seems to be actively looking to me to interact with her more these days, which is great. This is not to say that I will never again lose out to a pile of poo or deer scent, but there's been a definite change, since she turned 2. Hope it lasts!

Sven, Maxx's Mum, Joy and 2 others like this.
  10. Emily

Emily Registered Users

I don't think it actually has a huge amount to do with the fact that we enter trials. I think, for me anyway, doing some sort of formal training gives me direction and a structured plan of what to do next.

I've been looking at staring some agility with Ella too. I'm just trying to work out timings.

Unfortunately I'm struggling with "mother's guilt" and I don't seem to have enough time in the day to commit to everything.

Maxx's Mum and selina27 like this.
  11. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

I know your little one is tiny yet -- but in time agility would be wonderful for him to do with Ella :)

12. Emily

Emily Registered Users

Oh dear God, crazy Ella and nightmare Nathan working together :eek::eek:

Honestly, I've had a chat with people at our dog club before and I said if I had my time again, I wouldn't have a puppy and a child so close together. Don't get me wrong, it is manageable and we always make it work but it certainly adds another layer of stress and guilt (to me anyway - I think OH is oblivious :rolleyes:). I never feel as though I'm able to dedicate enough time to work, housework, Nathan, Ella, OH etc. etc.

Maxx's Mum and selina27 like this.
  13. Maxx's Mum

Maxx's Mum Registered Users

14. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

Rory and me are firm republicans but we'd love it if we had princess Maxx instead we could be persuaded to take a small interest in the monarchy. Maybe. He does look darling though:)

15. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Maxx you are beautiful.

Maxx's Mum likes this.
  16. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Not in the least bit interested in the slightly royal wedding - but we will be watching the North West 200 on the red button.

Maxx, you look as if you don't really approve of your tiara - you're handsome anyway.

Maxx's Mum likes this.
  17. Xena Dog Princess

Xena Dog Princess Registered Users

I would watch a royal wedding featuring Maxx, but my face browsing Facebook last night and seeing all the "viewing party" posts was something like this o_O

Kelsey&Axel likes this.
  18. Chococheer

Chococheer Registered Users

My closest friend is a UK transplant (Australia). She's all gooey over the impending royal wedding and apparently has alarms set and so forth so she doesn't miss it on television.

I didn't even realise there was going to be a wedding until she started prattling on about it (I don't watch the news, nor have any interest in the royal family)...and still don't know (or care) who Megan Markle is...sounds like a stripper to me, but I'm cynical enough to think that would be hilarious - a royal ex-stripper;)

19. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

I really enjoyed the royal wedding, I LOVED Kate & Williams in 2011. I was less interested in this one but I think it’s because I’m not a fan of the bride.

Maxx's Mum likes this.
  20. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

When I sing Pongo thinks I'm in pain. He comes and sits on my feet.

Xena Dog Princess and drjs@5 like this.