Random "dog thoughts" thread

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Xena Dog Princess, Oct 29, 2016.

1. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

When Ginny is full of beans, her tongue hangs out an extraordinarily long way. With her bouncy gait (for those who don’t know, she’s a tripawd, front leg amputee), with each pace she slaps herself in the eye with her tongue :p o_O:D

Granca, Stacia, Sven and 6 others like this.
  2. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

Precious xxx

3. Maxx's Mum

Maxx's Mum Registered Users

I was quite proud of Maxx yesterday. We visited friends to see their new house about an hour away. They love dogs but can't own their own dog (long story) and will be our dog-sitters when he is a bit older. Maxx loved their HUGE yard and ran around playing fetch etc. He did jump up a lot which is something we are working on. Then my friend said niece and her two young boys were dropping in as they are dog-mad and keen to meet Maxx. One is autistic and they are thinking about getting him an assistance dog and they wanted to see his reaction to Maxx. I said I didn't think it was a good idea, he is still too young and boisterous and they might get scared and turned off dogs for life.
    'He'll be fine' everyone said. I was so nervous!

When they approached I put him into a middle and whispered 'look at that' which is something we just started working on. We told them to stand back until he settled. I didn't need to worry; he was so good - a bit mouthy but was gentle and let them pat him. They were quite rough, as little kids are, but Maxx just took it in his stride
    :)

Plum's mum, Granca, Atemas and 2 others like this.
  4. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

We are home after a week in Heidelberg - Tatze loved being with he Best Friend Zaba - and her comes to us for a week tomorrow.

:)

Granca and Atemas like this.
  5. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

just driving home from work & saw one of Coco's brothers walking along the road. I so wanted to stop, but fear I'd have looked like a nutter! I think it was Thor (I've seen photos) - he was bigger the Coco. So lovely.

Maxx's Mum, SwampDonkey and selina27 like this.
  6. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

I've finished work and am going home to Rory. Best part of the day. I get spend time with my wonderful dog.

Beanwood, Granca, selina27 and 6 others like this.
  7. QuinnM15

QuinnM15 Registered Users

I've just started work and it's the worst part of the day! Quinn stands at the door like "oh, so it's a work day :("

SwampDonkey likes this.
  8. Maxx's Mum

I just started work and yep, worst time of the day. The only good thing is logging on and catching up on all the doggy news overnight while we have been sleeping :D

QuinnM15 likes this.
  9. Kelsey&Axel

Kelsey&Axel Registered Users

Ugh it’s that time of year again, when the bears start prowling my neighbourhood. I’m too chicken to let Axel go out alone after dark so I go out with him armed with a flashlight. Which is really being over dramatic I guess, because I instantly know when they are around because he will barely be out the door and will bark his head off running to the stairs that go down to the yard. Where as if they aren’t out he just slowly walks to the stairs as if I’m asking too much from him:rolleyes:

selina27 likes this.
  10. Maxx's Mum

Bears? Neighbourhood? And they say Australia is a scary place with our snakes and spiders and killer koalas! @Kelsey&Axel I would be scared out of my wits!

Kelsey&Axel likes this.
  11. Joy

Joy Registered Users

No, definitely not over-dramatic! :eek:

Kelsey&Axel likes this.
  12. QuinnM15

QuinnM15 Registered Users

Armed?! I would have a bat, bear spray...or make OH go out :p

Kelsey&Axel, drjs@5 and Aitch like this.
  13. Hollysdad

Hollysdad Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I've been away for a couple of nights. Holly almost wagged herself in half welcoming me home. She brought me all her favourite toys, one at a time, and enticed me into a game of chasy-fetch in the garden. After a lot of rolling over and tummy tickles she did the wall of death around the house and garden. She's finally settled down to a gentle tummy rub beside my chair.

She knows how to welcome me home!

14. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Lilly tells me you may have lost your spot on the big bed though.......

Hollysdad likes this.
  15. Hollysdad

We've yet to have that discussion!

Granca, SwampDonkey and drjs@5 like this.
  16. Hollysdad

It was a struggle for bed space last night. I managed to gain control of the pillow but lost control of the foot of the bed to Holly.

Granca, drjs@5, Maxx's Mum and 2 others like this.
  17. Kelsey&Axel

It’s a bit nerve racking that’s for sure! I think the worst snake we have is the Rattle Snake, a few dogs have been bitten by those in the last few weeks:eek:

18. Kelsey&Axel

Lol! I just stay up on the deck and scout out the yard below before letting him go down the stairs

QuinnM15 likes this.
  19. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

After our wild boar encounter, I did say to J that I'd been a bit :eek: about the thought of you guys in Canada having to carry bear spray, but now I'm thinking maybe we could do with it, too!

20. Sven

Sven Registered Users

I am sitting on the sofa (OH asleep being late), booking flights for a trip I have to do in a couple of weeks time for a few weeks. Vanilla curled up other end fast asleep and I thinking going to miss that little girl for a few weeks and she me.