Random "dog thoughts" thread

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Xena Dog Princess, Oct 29, 2016.

1. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

One the dog walkers I know was laughing at moo last night he couldn't believe how she was shifting around the park with Rory. He was doing that fast ground covering trot and so was she. Shes so funny she won't give up. She was tired but she really enjoyed herself

Granca, Beanwood, Joy and 1 other person like this.
  2. Emily

Emily Registered Users

I've never witnessed the "poo in a hurry" but we frequently see the "wee in a hurry" or "the walking wee" as it's known in our house :D

3. SwampDonkey

Rory never hurries it's a job which takes a lot of thought and planning, but he does do a funny dance before:D

Hollysdad likes this.
  4. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

Having a shower this morning and the bathroom door opens. Feeling pretty panicky about this as there's only me and Mr Stanley in and he's tucked away nicely in the kitchen.

But no.. a black whirlwind appears, tail going ten to the dozen. So I take him back down, thinking I mustn't have closed the baby gate properly. It's still firmly closed :eek:

The little devil has figured out how to get over it some how. I think life's about to get much more interesting.. o_O

5. SwampDonkey

Rorys been jumping them since he was about 9 months. He'd sees them as a suggestion rather tham a bar to his entry

6. Hollysdad

Hollysdad Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Holly hasn't worked out that she can jump things yet. Heaven help us of she does.

7. Kelsey&Axel

Kelsey&Axel Registered Users

Axel hasn't figured out he can jump either. We can even leave the gate simply leaned against the wall with a gap about 6 inches and he won't even push it over or squeeze through. He just stays put and has puppy eyes.

Hollysdad likes this.
  8. SwampDonkey

Everydogs a bit too cheeky not to give it a go in this house:D

9. SwampDonkey

Rory has hit his target weight and not had an attack of colitis. I've managed to keep him at a good weight which is great for a while now.:) hope I can keep it up

Pilatelover, Sven, Granca and 9 others like this.
  10. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Great news :)

11. Jyssica

Jyssica Registered Users

Really upset this weekend, I contacted a guy who worked for a client I had, they were a professional dog handling and drug detection company. The dogs always seemed well looked after and loved. I emailed him asking if he had any recommendations for trainers to work with 1-2-1 and he gave me the name 'Positive Working Dogs' I googled them, and after a quick facebook search, found one of there head trainers discussing e collars and VERY negative methods. I was so sad seeing his videos and comments and couldn't believe they called themselves 'positive' Not only this but they were ridiculing 'PR' training.
    Sad times and have lost respect for the individual I requested the details off.

12. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

No yummy mummies in the park today. We went an hour later so it looks like they do their park marching after the school run, it was good to have 'our' park back!

:)

13. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

That's awful , I`m afraid there is a very controversial trainer living not far from me , who also posts youtube vids , I hate to see the dogs looking fearful . He calls us The Fluffy Brigade , well so be it , and in that case I`m happy to be a member of the Fluffy Brigade . I hope you find someone kind soon x

Kelsey&Axel and SwampDonkey like this.
  14. SwampDonkey

Yummy mummies be gone

kateincornwall likes this.
  15. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

A girl I know has recently got a dog trainer to help her with her rescue. It seems to be very much CM type training.

I.e you must eat before feeding your dog, if your dog gets up on furniture push them off firmly, yank them really hard when the pull etc.o_O

Just makes no sense at all to me. As if Stanley cares when he eats as long as he's being fed, as long as he eats he's a happy puppy :rolleyes:

16. SwampDonkey

I'm fluffy and I never comb my hair and committee many sins hourly, but Im not mean. At least we all try to be kind and effective.

17. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Kindness is sadly lacking in our world , I believe xx

Pilatelover, drjs@5 and Cath like this.
  18. SwampDonkey

I'm sorrry I'm having some sort of word break down so sorry .

kateincornwall likes this.
  19. SwampDonkey

Had a funny day it started with a break in at work, me nearly punching a patient really hard and a visit to my haematologist s strange rash lots of giggling with my work collegues flies ruining my sandwiches and Rory being a total tool today.
    never mind I hid in the long grass from Rory and he went crazy when he found me I was just lying in the grass laughing. im tired but happy

20. Beckyt6

Beckyt6 Registered Users

Labradors galore on our evening walk today. 10 of them all playing in the river together - was wonderful to watch them :)