Random hoomans...by our dogs..

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Beanwood, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Jes72

Jes72 Registered Users

When they clip the lead on, that means they want me to guid them, and show them where to go.

I don't like it when L drops me off at home and JES isn't home yet. I hear strange noises that make me scared.

I went for a walk at that Amazing place we sometimes go to that has soooo many exciting smells. I jumped over all the bushes and swam in the pond even though it was I bit cold I didn't mind. J kept on throwing the ball in the water so I HAD to swim to fetch it even if it was a bit cold. I looooovvvvveee doing belly flops and catching my ball!! Then I met a nice man and he wanted to play with me. He wanted to throw my ball so I let him and gave it to him. And he threw it so I had to give it back to him.m again and again and again. Humans like to have a ball to throw.

2. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Why do our humans have to be so fussy? I was having a lovely time wih Wispa this evening shredding my rope. I'd managed to pull the big green ball off it so I could really chew the rope more easily. Then I had a good tuggy game with Wispa before I started to pull the threads out of the rope and scatter them all over the carpet... So, guess what! Mum not only picked up all the little threads but also took my special rope and put it in the kitchen bin!

It's no good trying to get me to play wih my other rope and ball. I know it's just the same ("Eye-denticle, you silly dog!" I think Mum called it) but it's not as well chewed. I'm not happy. :(

Tuppence

3. Allie

Allie Registered Users

So we went to the big field today for the first time in ages. It was amazing. Sometimes Mum finds treat trees in the woods but today the whole field was full of treats. Funny thing was, Mum kept telling me not to eat the treats and then she said how silly we'd been to come to the field so soon after the sheep had been there and how I made her sound like an old fishwife. She always seems really pleased when we find a treat tree and tells me to eat them all up. Hoomans can be so confusing o_O.

CMartin, Granca, Rosie and 1 other person like this.
  4. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Ha ha Lottie, do you know what my mum does? She chucks tiddly little treats on the floor and then tells my to "find it" ! I mean why doesn't she just put them in a bowl, then they wouldn't be lost ! They are the funniest creatures, but you have to love them.
    Coco

BevE, CMartin, Rosie and 1 other person like this.
  5. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

I am Bramble, a good girl.

I brought a live chicken into the house today....mum was very excited!! I delivered straight to dad in the front room.

I am a good girl.

You are most welcome

Bramble

CMartin, Cath, Jyssica and 8 others like this.
  6. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

You got one! You got one! I keep twying to catch the flying flappy things....I twy and I twy, weally hard! Mum isn't that all that excited about it. If I keep twying, I'm sure I'll build her up to it in time....I do wation her. I don't twy to get her to chase stuff all the time.

Sigh, it's tough with my mum! No natuwal instinct I think. :(

Charlie just says I'm a dumb blonde about chasing - which is vewy wude! :mad: I have lot of wed bits on my legs and back! So I told him his dummies were stoopid - and now he is in a big huffy puffy.

Betsy

7. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

Oooh I know what a Christmas tree is now. It definitely looks like something that I want to destroy. Mum says I'll be in big trouble if I touch it. So I think I'll wait until she's not around.

Stanley

8. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Mum called you 'a horrible child' 3 times today when you weren't listening. She doesn't love you like she loves me. :devil:

Charlie

9. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

It's not twue! Not twue! You are howwible and I HATEs you!

Betsy

10. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Children, children.......be nice to each other - Santa Paws is listening!
    (Betsy, ask your brother..........)

CMartin, Jyssica, Dexter and 4 others like this.
  11. Naya

Naya Registered Users

All I've heard from my mum today is 'shhh' 'stop barking'. She even gave me treats when I stopped, so I barked more but didn't get more treats :(
    Next door have put these funny lights in their garden and they come up on the kids play thingy so they are up high and I'm not sure if I like them so I just bark at them :D.

Rosie likes this.
  12. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Betsy I did it! I did it! I ran after the Ball...then I dropped it, picked up a Stick and ran big circles in the trees. She was shouting "the Ball, the Ball - get the Ball" I carried on with my rather nice Stick. She harumphed and stalked off to get the Ball! I got her to fetch the Ball Betsy! OK, I failed at the last - I ran & picked up the Ball just before she got it, but I think she understands what I want now. It's going to save me a lot of running up & down the hill.
    Coco (triumphant).

13. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Yay! Coco! Yay! :D

Rosie likes this.
  14. Hollysdad

Hollysdad Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Dad's a bit slow sometimes. When I roll over onto my back it means that I want my tummy ticked NOW, not in a few minutes time!

15. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

We had to take one of them little squeelers out with us when we went for walk about, Moo took charge of it and kept it on a lead but it wouldn't shut up. Rory Rory Rory on and on good job I'm used to ignoring stuff. Love her
    really she's just bossy tastes a bit funny too

CMartin, drjs@5 and Rosie like this.
  16. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Right! (That seems to be Mum's favourite word, usually meaning that something interesting's going to happen.) So I'm getting my revenge! As Mum so 'kindly' put my chewy rope into the bin, I've now found a good use for the green ball. It's heavy, so I've discovered that if I drop it onto someone's foot I can get attention... and a game of hide-and-seek, otherwise called 'let's-keep-Tuppy-busy-then-she-won't-pester-us'.

IMG_3958.jpg

Here I am, waiting like a very good girl while somebody hides the green ball.

IMG_3959.jpg

O course, Wispa has to get in on the act too, but I'm not going to let her win! It's MY game!

IMG_3964.jpg

The trouble is, though, that these humans tire so quickly. Mum seems to think that something called 'stricklyresults' is much more important than hiding my ball. How could she! :(

CMartin, Allie, Kelsey&Axel and 8 others like this.
  17. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Oh Tuppy, grow up! Not only have you stolen MY game but now you make it sound as if it's some sort of competition and I'm in the way. All I get a chance to do is practise my best froggy sit and even then I'm laughed at. Who'd have a younger 'sister'. Anyone want one, because I know one that needs a good home... Not really, Tuppy, I do love you... sometimes.

IMG_3961.jpg

CMartin, Allie, Kelsey&Axel and 4 others like this.
  18. BevE

BevE Registered Users

I don't know what's wrong with my Mum! I just did an up close inspection of her wet painted wall. Just checking for quality-but am I appreciated-NO I'm not! I looked that closely that I ended up with a fetching grey stripe and left lots of hairs on the wall. I thought I did a good job. Now she's waving her arms about and mumbling,quite loudly, darn(I think she said darn) dog- and wiping my hairs away. If that's the thanks I get I may never help her again!

CMartin, Hollysdad, Beanwood and 3 others like this.
  19. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Sympathies. The short dumb blonde just chewed the beak off my pheasant toy. Stupid puppy. I've had that pheasant since it and I were pups together. I've told Mum I'm sick of Stupid chewing my stuff, and I'm only going to stop sulking if I get at least 25 new toys for Christmas. And Stupid Short Stuff (SSS) is not allowed to touch them.

Charlie

drjs@5, Granca and BevE like this.
  20. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

I'm not showt! :donttalk:

I'm neawly 20.5inches now! So thewe! And Dad says I'm stwawbewy blonde!

Betsy

CMartin, snowbunny, drjs@5 and 2 others like this.