Random hoomans...by our dogs..

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Beanwood, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Sven

Sven Registered Users

I was on a good walk with daddy last night, golf course. Well I decided to stay behind a bit and rolled in some beautiful smelly stuff, poo. Just not sure what type, but think it was fox. It complimented my fur on my neck and shoulder...
    Daddy did not have time to wash me as we had to jump in the car and get mummy.
    She was so pleased to see me and I her, she gave me loads of kisses but she then said she smelled funny, like me. Well off course, I smelled beatifull and daddy was to slow to say anything to mummy and she was not happy with him. I had to have a wash when I got home so did mummy.

Well what is a girl to do in those circumstances?

leejane, Cath, Maxx's Mum and 2 others like this.
  2. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

3. Shamas' mom

Shamas' mom Registered Users

I've been TRICKED!

We went on a lovely walk through long grass..then ROAD! I hate roads, so I tried to run away but mum said "come on lets go an started running, so I ran too. It wasn't as scary as I remember. Then there was another road an there was NO WAY I was going near that one! I told mum so by turning around and pulling towards home.

I don't know why she doesn't walk in a straight line, we had to go all different directions before we got back homeo_O At least there was more long grass on the way back :)

Granca, drjs@5 and leejane like this.
  4. Hollysdad

Hollysdad Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Daddy's been away for the last two nights. It's nice to have him back, but I think we're going to disagree about who sleeps where in the bed. It's MY bed but I might let him have an edge if he needs it.

5. leejane

leejane Mum to the Mooster

@Shamas' mom

Well Shamas, that sounds a bit confusing, but don't forget, you train your hoooman, not the other way round so whichever way you went was spot on. Hope you got lots of chikkin for your efforts.

Maxx's Mum and drjs@5 like this.
  6. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Shamas, some roads are brilliant, you can find dead things on them. Or Ors poo sometimes. Or cow poo if the tractor's been. And last week I found Cheez Strings in a packet, lying in the gutter - lush! Just go with the flow...go with the flow.

- Coco

7. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

I’ve been really poorly guys :( but I’m feeling much more like my normal self and am getting back to full bounce.

Mummy has been looking after me, she said if only I knew the sacrifices she makes for me. I thought she meant her holiday because her and daddy couldn’t go, but she actually means she had to cancel her eyebrow appointment and now she looks like Oscar The Grouch :eek:

Oh well, as long as I’m better :D

Stanley

Kaktus, edzbird, SteffiS and 8 others like this.
  8. Shamas' mom

I got a new treat today- frozen chicken cubes :) I like those...very nice on a hot day. Plus, mum let the girl hold my lead for our second walk, and she always lets me have the WHOLE leash even though mum keeps telling her to "make it short" an she tells mum I need my freedom. Mum says I need a "guiding hand on the leash"

Whatever THAT meanso_O

Stanley, I hope you feel better soon....you should ask for bone broth-it made my tummy feel much better when I felt ill from eating things I shouldn't from begging when the kids eat

9. Maxx's Mum

Maxx's Mum Registered Users

Glad you're feelin' better Stanley.

I haven't had any new toys in FOREVER. So I've been tryin' to tell the hoomans by chewing on the mats, stealin' stuff and today I heard Mum say 'Maxx needs something to divert him. I'll get some new toys on the weekend'

Hurray! It worked! These hoomans are SOOOO hard to train, but they get there eventually

drjs@5 and Shamas' mom like this.
  10. Shamas' mom

I never thought of that....I take water bottles and pop bottles when I need new toys. Plus I get to trade them for treats.

My best KONG ball has a split in it...soon I'll be able to get to the tennis ball inside, but it's getting harder to play tug by the handles now because it bends funny. Dad says I'll get a new one next week:p

I've had it for AGES..it's one of my oldest toys

Maxx's Mum and Granca like this.
  11. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Glad you are better Stanley. I remember when I was very ill and Mum was really worried about me. I got lots of nice things to make me eat, but I didn't want them. Its a Mums job to make sacrifices for us, what do they taste like Stanley......Fred

Maxx's Mum likes this.
  12. Sven

Sven Registered Users

Glad you are feeling better Stanley. Maybe your hoomans now know that any holidays in future have to include you...

Maxx's Mum and SwampDonkey like this.
  13. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Whoopety whoop! After my walk this morning we did notice that the sea was there and I got FIVE swimmy fetches (no sea monsters). Then we crossed the road and I got 10 Chuckits in the field AND two retrieves with my new bird-dummy - it has a floppy head and dangley feet and it's fab, but mum puts it away after. Then I chased 2 ducks that were hiding in the smelly ditch and when I came back mum said "Coco, where's your ball? You cannot lose a THIRD ball. Go an find it".Oh dear...now where did it go? I went back and it was where the ducks had been. They did MAKE me drop it, but I did find it again. I got sausage when I reappeared with it. I am going for a snooze now.

- Coco

14. Lara

Lara Registered Users

Stanleee I am glad you don’t have a messy tummy any more. Nobody cares about eyebrows anyway, I don’t have any and I am the best thing I know apart from squeezy cheese and that also doesn’t have eyebrows. I rest my case. Love, the Pig x

Ps I am actually not sure if I don’t have any eyebrows or I am one big eyebrow?o_O I will have to file that away with other unanswerable questions like do I have arms.

15. Shamas' mom

They put bags in the back of the van where I like to sleep an I laid on them an I popped them :p

It was funny an everyone laughed. :cool:

I didn't get to eat the snacks though...mum got out an took them up front with her

edzbird, Maxx's Mum and drjs@5 like this.
  16. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

I fought you said "pooped on them". That woulda been even funnier!

Shadow

17. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

Oh I'm in trouble I scared a man on the park and he threw his dinner at me? I only walked up to him and he squeaked and chucked a bowl of food at me. It would be rude not to eat it wouldn't it ? I licked his spoon too.ging saved the day and had a good chat to him. It was all fine. Ging said he was a nice man just not used to dogs hopefully he won't just throw his dinner at dogs again. I really didn't mind it that much. Ging has no idea what it was I'm not to sure either.

Granca and Maxx's Mum like this.
  18. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

:eek:
    Result!
    Lilly x

19. Shamas' mom

I was a piggy today

I ate mums ENTIRE pot of bone broth while it cooled off. Mum wouldn't let me in the house cause I couldn't stop peeing from all the water an we went for a nice walk...then mum gave me carrots an rice to soak it all up and "move it through his system" Mum says the bone broth was supposed to have been made into ice cube treats an she's not going to spend 3 days making me another batch...which is too bad because I really liked it

I'm really happy from the good food and nice walk. it was hot out today but it's cool tonight.

edzbird, drjs@5 and Maxx's Mum like this.
  20. Maxx's Mum

Maxx's Mum Registered Users

What:eek:? I'm gonna dream about people chucking food at me now! Well done Rory, you are my hero

I'm definitely doin' something wrong somehow. The mostest I've managed is a piece of ham off the kitchen bench :confused: