Really worried Whiskey won't make it..

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Gerry, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Re: Really worried Whiskey won't make it..

I'm so terribly sorry :'( My heart goes out to you. Will be thinking of you all day.

2. UncleBob

UncleBob Supporting Member Forum Supporter

That's dreadful news. Really sorry to hear about poor Whiskey. :(

3. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Gerry, I am so very sorry to hear about poor Whiskey, my heart goes out to you and your family. I will be thinking about you. Sending big hugs to you and your family :'( :'(

4. Puppypal

Puppypal Registered Users

That very sad news, my heart goes out to you and your family. You must be devastated. Sending you big hugs, but at least he is free from pain now, and running free over rainbow bridge.

I would be contacting the breeder to let them know what has happened, and get them to tell the owners of other pups out of the same litter just incase it is something they have inherited from their parents, so they can keep an eye on their pups.

So sad to loose a pup at such a young age, i really feel for you :'(

5. Emma

Emma Registered Users

There's nothing to add to all the previous posts except to send a big hug over the internet...words are never enough. :'(

6. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

I am so sorry. Such devastating news. Sending you hugs and sympathy to you and your family.

7. jackie luff

jackie luff Registered Users

I'm so very sorry to hear about poor little Whiskey... such a beautiful little pup ... I don't have any words really just so very very sorry x

8. Fwhitt246

Fwhitt246 Registered Users

There are no words really.. I am so sorry for your loss. Thoughts are with you and your family. RIP whiskey xxx

9. Gerry

Gerry Registered Users

I contacted the breeder. He was as distraught as we were, and said in all his years he had never had a pup die, and certainly never had any heart trouble.
    He has offered our money back or a pup from the next litter, which obviously won't be for months.
    I'm not sure which to take.
    I hope I don't come across as silly, but I don't want to feel like I'm insulting Whiskey's memory.
    It's something I believe I'll need a bit of time to think about.

10. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

That makes complete sense! You should definitely take your time to decide what's best for you and your family. Wishing you all the very best!

11. Gerry

Gerry Registered Users

Also, I'm sorry, I didn't notice The Rainbow Bridge until just now, I didn't intend for or expect for this to become an off-topic post, as it were..

12. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

It's not silly. Take your time. Is it possible to put in your name with the understanding you might change your mind when it comes to it? You might find once the time passes you'll be able to look ahead to a new addition and be glad you're on the list. And if you're not, then wait for the next litter?

13. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

[quote author=Gerry link=topic=3147.msg34096#msg34096 date=1383763930]
    It's something I believe I'll need a bit of time to think about.
    [/quote]

So glad to hear from you, I've been thinking about you.

Of course you will need a bit of time. Think it over. You'll have to see whether you are comfortable with the thought of loving another dog when you've lost a such precious one so young. But another dog might help...if it's right for you of course.

14. Gerry

Gerry Registered Users

I have to say, he has been very good to me, and he would do that for me. I think that could be the best option...? It will give me the space to breathe for a bit while I come to a decision.

It's just the kids I have to take into consideration too, they've told me they're scared to meet another puppy, as they're worried about losing him/her too. That really got through my barriers.

15. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Gerry, please allow a time to greive , some people want another dog immediately, some dont . Its what is right for the individual that matters, but I do think a little time to grieve , to cope , is often for the best . I too have been thinking of you and wish you well , whatever your decision x

16. Gerry

Gerry Registered Users

Thank you so much to all of you, for your advice and support. It really means a lot to me.

17. Karen

Karen Registered Users

One thing is for sure - you and your family will never forget little Whiskey.

Your breeder sounds like a good and fair person. You probably do need a bit of time to allow yourself and your family to come to terms with what has happened. Maybe a puppy from another litter, in a few months, would give you the necessary time to grieve, and then to open your hearts to a new puppy.

Whatever you decide, if you ever want advice, or just to chat - this forum's the place... We understand.

18. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

i am so sorry ........r i p whiskey, :'(

19. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Gerry, you have been very much on my mind. Just wanted to say you wouldn't be insulting Whiskeys memory, you loved and cared for him during the only too short time he was with you and nothing can ever take that away from you. Memories are very precious. We are all here for you. Please take care. xxx

20. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Just want to echo what the others have said - that Whiskey will always be a part of your lives and that whether you got another puppy next week or in a year you won't be dishonouring his memory. It's normal to feel these sorts of worries when you lose a loved dog, it's just all a part of trying to make sense of it all.

You and your family have been in my thoughts.