Remembering Tia

Discussion in 'The Rainbow Bridge' started by KarenD, Jan 9, 2019.

1. KarenD

KarenD Registered Users

My beautiful chocolate Labrador Tia died before Christmas, she was 11 and half and had just been given a clean bill of health at the vets who described her as like a marathon running super-granny - how happy we were to hear that. The shock when 2 weeks later she had died was incredible. She had a blood borne infection contracted by a tick/flea that she just could not beat no matter the treatment or how much care and love we gave her. We are not sure, but it is possible the infection was lying dormant in her system and may have been activated by an anaesthetic she had for an x-ray to check her joints as we were concerned she may have arthritis and checked before deciding if any treatment was needed. We were trying to be proactive and look after her health.

She was a brave girl and courageous, wagging her tail and staying at the vet hospital while they tried to get her fever down. We miss her so much, its unbelievable she is not here any more. It is terrifying to think we won't see her again. We try to remember all the good times, have made a photo book of her life, have her photo and lights on display (we are waiting for her ashes to be returned), carry her collar and lead with us everywhere, have all her things where they have always been. The only item we gave away was some of her biscuits which we gave to a dog rehoming kennel. I know we were so lucky to have her in our life and she did everything with us, she was special. We will remember her forever. I can't describe the pain and distress of how much I miss her and the fear/panic of not seeing her again.

I hope anyone going through a similar experience reading any of the posts or who has written a post, takes strength from their special dog and the relationship you had with them. You will never forget them, will find ways to remember them and eventually find a way to live your life without them. You will never ever forget them and they will always have a place in your heart.

Goodbye my beautiful Tia, I will love you forever x

2. Bud Light/Dilly Dilly

Bud Light/Dilly Dilly Registered Users

I am so, so sorry for your loss. May Tia rest in peace. She sounds like she was a wonderful friend and companion.

KarenD likes this.
  3. lucy@labforumHQ

lucy@labforumHQ Administrator Forum Supporter

I am so sorry for your loss, my sincere condolences.

KarenD likes this.
  4. Edp

Edp Registered Users

They leave such a big gap in our lives. You have our sympathy. My jasper died age 13 in October. Everyday I go up to his grave (on our land) and have a chat with him. It really helps. They kids have planted some bulbs for him which are just poking out now. Meg (my current dog) now knows what the deal is when I say...”let’s go and visit Jasper” ...it’s super hard but part of pet ownership and we just have to remember the happy times .

KarenD and Plum's mum like this.
  5. Plum's mum

Plum's mum Registered Users

Very sad post.
    So sorry for your loss.

KarenD likes this.
  6. KarenD

KarenD Registered Users

Thank you to everyone for your kind posts. It is truly the hardest part of having such a wonderful dog, not having them around any more. I try to remember all our adventures and the great times we had together, but....I miss her so so much. I know I was lucky to share her life and I will never forget her. I am just so sad without her, and so sad to see my other dog missing her as well.

Thinking of everyone who has lost their beloved Labrador x

7. KarenD

KarenD Registered Users

I cannot believe that a year has passed since we lost Tia. It's been tough, I miss her so much each and every day. She was my very special heart dog. I will never forget her and hold her tightly in my heart forever