Reverse sneezing!

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by J.D, Oct 18, 2019.

1. J.D

J.D Registered Users

Yesterday Toby came over to me and I thought he was dying.
    He suddenly hunched over and started inhaling really deeply through his nose almost like he couldn’t get any air through his mouth and was trying desperately through his nose.
    It was very alarming. I was patting his neck thinking he had got something stuck.
    It lasted probably no more than 30 seconds but seemed a lot longer.
    I googled it when he recovered and it is called reverse sneezing. Probably due to an irritation in his nasal passage.
    Not serious unless it keeps happening and so far it hasn’t happen again.
    Apparently it is quite common so if it happens you know what it is.

leighxxxx and Ruth Buckley like this.
  2. Saffy/isla

Saffy/isla Registered Users

Oh how frightening! I hope Toby has no more of those.

3. leighxxxx

leighxxxx Registered Users

Kyko does this all the time & it's particularly scary for us as our last labs had a hereditary condition with no cure & the first sign was Lar Par. He also chokes on food & water occasionally he has done this since we have had him & most of the time it's because he eats too quickly. He has to undergo surgery tomorrow for an undescended testicle & we have asked the vet to check his throat when he's under just to be on the safe side. The vet treated our last boys so understands why we are concerned although he doesn't think it's anything problematic

4. J.D

J.D Registered Users

All the best for Kyko tomorrow. The worst part is the stare you get when they can’t have breakfast!
    Toby hasn’t done this since so hopefully was a one off.

leighxxxx likes this.