Riddick

Discussion in 'The Rainbow Bridge' started by AngelConradie, Aug 13, 2017.

1. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

So, so sad for you. I hope that you can take some comfort in knowing that Riddick was loved so very much - and he knew it. Thinking of you x

AngelConradie likes this.
  2. Pilatelover

Pilatelover Registered Users

I'm so very sorry, thank you for sharing such beautiful photos. Sending big hugs to you. Xx

3. AngelConradie

AngelConradie Registered Users

Thank you all.
    :heart:
    Remembering that I left my precious Riddick at the vet, even though I know I couldn't bring my baby boy home, makes me cry every five minutes. It was never his favourite place, and I had to leave him there. I put his winter jersey on because he was so skinny, and I didn't want him to be cold when he was alone. And I know thats silly.
    I didn't want to let him go. I sat on the floor and I held him as our vet gave him the shot, and I didn't want to let him go.
    A part of me is still wishing I could go back and change my mind. That I could go back and do what we could to give him a few more months. Even though I know it would have been a hard fight and he would just get more tired and more sick... But maybe he would have been okay for a while... Should I have waited till he was sicker? More miserable? He seemed so well when we got to the vet, even though we knew he wasn't. Should I have waited another week? Tried the meds? Tried the supplements? Done more? Did I give up too soon?
    I miss him so much. I miss falling over him. I miss having him talk to me. I miss him following me everywhere.
    I have one less bowl of food to prepare, but I can't bring myself to take his name off the food board.
    Going outside with the other dogs and he's not there has me crying.

4. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

You know you did the best thing for Riddick. He relied on you to do that and you didn't let him down.

I still have Belle's harness and lead hanging in the porch. I know they won't be used again, but over a year later and I don't feel the need to put them away yet. I smile when I touch her harness, with bits of ginger hair stuck in the fleece.

5. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

It was the right time. Time for him to go, you know it was really.you did the one last kind thing you could for him.its so hard to let them go.
    I miss my boy he used to touch me with his nose gently on my hand and leg.I just miss his gentleness
    Give yourself time you still miss them but good memories help.

6. Sven

Sven Registered Users

Sorry to hear about your loss. He was loved and he loved you

7. Xena Dog Princess

Xena Dog Princess Registered Users

I'm very sorry to hear about Riddick. Poor boy had an uphill battle, but he was so lucky to have you there fighting for him and loving him.

8. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

9. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

It's heartbreaking but it's the last, most important thing we do for them x

10. AngelConradie

Our baby boy is home with us again.
    [​IMG]
    I miss him every day. :'(

Granca, Sven, bbrown and 1 other person like this.
  11. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

Thinking of you :hug:

12. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

13. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Your beloved boy is now home with you and not at the cold vet surgery. I do understand how you felt; I worked for a vet and my beloved dog had to be euthanised and when I went in next day, I knew she was in a black sack in the corridor where they had left her for me to say a final goodbye and like you I thought of her being cold and lonely. Silly really when they don't know they are there, but we who loved them have these irrational thoughts. I am sure you made the right decision, we all wonder if we should have done things differently, but what we do, is for the best our beloved dogs.

14. Jazzmynn

Jazzmynn Registered Users

❤️

15. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

16. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog

I'm so sorry to hear your news. :hug:

Five years is much too short but he still made his mark on you and the world, that's something you can be sure of. :heart:

AngelConradie, Sven and SwampDonkey like this.
  17. Sven

Sven Registered Users

Glad he is back home with you safe and sound

@Stacia that caused a tear when you read it. I know we all end up there in some form but thinking about it when you are still around makes it harder to accept.

18. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Sven, I found some comfort when my dog was back home, even though it was a terribly painful time.

Sven and AngelConradie like this.
  19. AngelConradie

Thank you all.
    You took the words out of my mouth @Stacia :heart:
    Lately, I have found myself avoiding the phone app "Timehop" and Facebook's "On This Day" because they are full of photos and videos of my precious boy.
    I have also found that dealing with the loss of my Riddick has been very different to dealing with the loss of my dad... When I think of my dad - I try to remember all the good things and the good times, rather than the way he was towards the end.
    When I think of my Riddick, I remember the good things almost by default - but it hurts so much, so I remind myself of what he was going through and why we decided to send him over the rainbow bridge when we did. It has helped, and I know I won't always have to do it that way. :heart:

Sven, Stacia and SwampDonkey like this.
  20. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

Time is a great healer :hug:.