Ringworm on puppies

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by JohnWilson, Jan 22, 2022.

1. JohnWilson

JohnWilson Registered Users

Hello, we were due to choose our puppy this weekend and pick up next weekend. The breeder called last night informing that the litter had all have / had ringworm. They had been to the vets, treated and the breeder has been upfront about everything. However this is our first dog / experiance getting puppy and having some strong doubts. It seems a couple of the other buyers have dropped out. On the one hand dont want to be too hasty but on the other being in a family with small children i want to be careful.

Can i ask if anyone would have any advice in this situation

many thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2022
  2. Edp

Edp Registered Users

Hi there, a tricky one. It's easily treated but can leave some bald patches on a dog, that will grow back. It is easily transmissible to humans by touch, so that would maybe limit your first interactions. I am not sure how quickly it resolves, that would be the question. Maybe be your breeder keeps the pup a bit longer to ensure it has gone, before yiur children inevitability end up touching him/her.

3. 5labs

5labs Registered Users

How old are the pups and how long ago did they get it? I assume they have been treated and the breeder will wait for the all clear before they go to their new homes?
    As long as it's cleared up, I wouldn't be too concerned.