Sams journey with Lymphoma

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by kateincornwall, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Anne123

Anne123 Registered Users

So sorry to read about the devastating news! Words do fail me, but know that I am thinking of you!

kateincornwall likes this.
  2. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

So sad for you Kate, Sam has the very best carer in you. It is good to hear from you on the forum, I know I speak for many here when I say we are all thinking of you. xx

3. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Thank you so much , for all your kind words . This is a strange cancer , firstly affecting the skin as it manifests itself under the surface , causing the lymph nodes to swell and become irritated . The itching can become unbearable, but topical applications are useless as the source is under the surface . Sam has already had two very aggressive courses of prednisolone , he doesn't tolerate them well and the last course had little positive effect , so he wont be having any more . This cancer is not aggressive but it is progressive , a slow and lazy but positive type which eventually will affect the organs, usually spleen, liver and lungs . He has days where he is less interested in food, but his love of walks is still very prevalent ! We will not allow Sam to suffer , just hoping that he can enjoy some quality time with us before we face any decisions on his future, he deserves it so much, thanks again , support helps x

Pilatelover, Dexter, Granca and 4 others like this.
  4. MF

MF Registered Users

I am devastated for you. I am so sorry that your beautiful boy is going through this. It feels so unfair. I am thinking of you and wishing you and Sam positive thoughts for many, many happy days ahead.

5. Yvonne

Yvonne Registered Users

So sorry for you and Sam. Wonderful that he enjoys his walks so much. Hope he never realizes what is going on and that he does not have any pain. Must be so hard on you,though, to know and checking on him every moment to look for a change. So hard to do but hope you enjoy his companionship and love even knowing the inevitable. A big hug to you and Cooper sends a big woof to Sam.

6. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Dogs live in the day, with no thought for the future - which is great for Sam. Big hugs Kate. Xxx

drjs@5 and edzbird like this.
  7. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Absolutely wonderful to have you back Kate, I have missed you :) You know how I feel about what's happening to Sam. My heart breaks for you and your lovely special boy. I wish you both lovely walks and cuddles together. Enjoy life, it's not the quantity but the quality that counts. My love and hugs to you both xxx :heart:

8. Newbie Lab Owner

Newbie Lab Owner Registered Users

Bless you, Kate for finding the strength to share this publicly. I know we've been in touch and know how things are. I love to look back on the photos of Sam and Dexter having a blast when I holidayed in Cornwall last October and had the pleasure of meeting you both. Love and hugs to you and the big boy. Xxx

charlie and kateincornwall like this.
  9. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Just a little update , don't worry I wont bore you with Sam posts too often ! My boy has had three amazingly good days , which is so uplifting ! Yesterday in particular , we went on a very hard walk , much climbing , did it affect him ? Not a bit of it , his attitude seemed to be " Cancer , what cancer ? " We walked and walked , sat to share a banana and drink , he had a little swim as it was 11 degrees here yesterday afternoon and we came home very happy . I am aware of course, that Sam is ill inside , but right now, you wouldn't think so ! xx

10. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Lovely to hear, Kate. You post as much as you like, we won't be bored. We're Sam's cheerleading team. I might even get pompoms.

11. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

They know how to Make hay while the sun shines. I admire the way my dogs have always coped with their health problems . We can learn a lot from them. I hope you have many more great days together .

MF, Karen and kateincornwall like this.
  12. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Please post all about Sam if it isn't too painful, he is much in our hearts xx

Karen, SwampDonkey and kateincornwall like this.
  13. Pilatelover

Pilatelover Registered Users

That's so nice to hear, glad you and Sam are enjoying the moment. Xx

kateincornwall and Karen like this.
  14. Yvonne

Yvonne Registered Users

Please share everything about Sam.....we want to go on the journey with you. And be your support Team. Big hug.

15. Jojo83

Jojo83 Registered Users

Hi Kate @kateincornwall , I am a newbie to the forum but wanted to say a big heartfelt Thank You for sharing your journey with Sam as he fights the lymphoma. I've shed a tear and laughed at your post earlier today as Sam enjoys life as only a Labrador can. My best wishes and prayers that Sam enjoys many, many more months enjoying fun walks with you in the sun

16. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Go Sam, enjoy every day to the fullest! Your forum friends are all behind you, and love to hear about you xxx

17. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Well done, Sam! I hope you've got plenty more good walks ahead.

18. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

We love Sam.
    Please keep up the posts x

19. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Lovely to hear x

20. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

So glad to have you back, Kate, we have missed you.

Sam is a lovely boy and you and he make a great team. It is so devasting to think of him being sick, but you are making each day count and enjoying your time together to the max, so long may that last.

Post as often as you want, we don't mind! :)