Sams journey with Lymphoma

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by kateincornwall, Feb 7, 2017.

1. MF

MF Registered Users

I'm so happy he doesn't seem worried by his condition. I can only imagine how you feel. It must be so hard. I think of you and Sam often.

kateincornwall likes this.
  2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Just a little concerned about our big boy . He had a wonderful day yesterday , but then last night he wanted on our bed , which he doesn't usually . At some point in the night, he was shaking , it woke me as I felt it through the duvet , like when they dream but his whole body and didn't last for long . This morning he refused his breakfast , refusing food always worried us as Sam loves his tucker . I have spoken to our Vet , am told to ring them if he shows any more signs, but at the moment he is sleeping by my side peacefully . I shall take him for a shortish walk this afternoon and see how he performs , just hoping that this is a little blip and nothing more progressive x

3. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Hope he starts to feel better as the day goes on. x

4. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

Hopefully he's just having an off day and will be feeling much more himself soon :)

5. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Oh Kate I really feel for you... Hopefully he is just feeling a little under the weather, maybe overdid it a bit yesterday, and will be feeling better in a day or so. But I understand that you watch him like a hawk, worrying about him... Big hugs to you and your lovely boy xx

6. MF

MF Registered Users

I am so sorry. And I know how much you worry. Snowie also wants on our bed when he's not feeling good. I hope Sam is feeling better very soon.

7. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Maybe because he had such a wonderful day the day before, he has used up a lot of energy which isn't quite as prolific as before. However, I would be concerned that he isn't eating (unless he scoffed too much food yesterday), however, it may not be related to the lymphoma but some germ he has picked up? I know my friends who have lymphoma do say it waxes and then wanes again.

Beanwood likes this.
  8. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Big hugs Kate. It must be impossible to not think the worst. Everything crossed that Sam perks up again soon. x

9. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Hope he has picked up a bit now Kate x

10. kateincornwall

Have taken Sam for a walk, not a long one, just half an hours steady ramble , which he seemed to enjoy . I`m trying not to overtax him , because as we all know, our dogs will comply , even when they are feeling well under par , so no retrieving or climbing today . He always perks up during a walk , I guess it distracts him , and am hopeful that he will eat the tea I`ve prepared for him , not a huge one . This type of lymphoma is very similar to the human one , non hodgkins ( sp ?) which a dear friend of mine has , she tells me that she goes through spells of feeling quite poorly too , then improves . It is very hard not to read much into his little set backs , I want to fix him and I cant x

11. Yvonne

Yvonne Registered Users

Kate, good that Sam enjoyed his walk. I can't even imagine how frustrating it is for you not to be able to fix him, as you say. I truly feel for you....you must be so intent on watching him all the time...must be draining, to say the least. Thinking of you and sending a big hug and a woof from Cooper.

12. FayRose

FayRose Registered Users

I've no doubt at all that you are doing everything to help Sam cope. It was never going to be easy and, as you say, you can't fix him, but my goodness, you are giving him every chance and comfort available. Gentle hugs and very best wishes to you and Sam, bless him x

13. Jojo83

Jojo83 Registered Users

Oh @kateincornwall just catching up with this today. Really, really hoping that Sam is feeling much better now today. Thinking of you and Sam

14. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Oh Kate I can't imagine what you are going through. You know Sam best and what he needs. Please believe that you are doing everything you can for Sam, you are all he needs so have a lovely snuggle in bed with him. I really hope he picks up very soon. Lots of love to you all xxxx

kateincornwall and Jojo83 like this.
  15. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Hope Sam is more his normal self tomorrow, must be so hard trying to deal with his ups and downs. You read him so well, I am sure he appreciates that xx

16. kateincornwall

Thanks all , it is hard, very hard at times, to keep upbeat and positive, but this is what we must do, for Sams sake . He did eat his tea , all of it, slowly but all of it ! We knew from the off that the road would not be an easy one, tomorrow he may bound about like a spring chicken again , we hope x

Xena Dog Princess, MF, drjs@5 and 4 others like this.
  17. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

Tomorrow is another day, try to rest even if you can't sleep. You can't change whats happening but you need your strength and energy to meet it. Love hugs and kind wishes from us all here.

Beanwood, kateincornwall and Jojo83 like this.
  18. kateincornwall

I doubt I shall sleep much, because I shall have a 40 kilos lumpador on the bed with me , but I wouldn't have it any other way at the moment xx

MF, Kelsey&Axel, drjs@5 and 2 others like this.
  19. Kelsey&Axel

Kelsey&Axel Registered Users

Hoping Sam bounces back after some rest today. He's lucky to have you!

20. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Glad to hear Sam enjoyed his walk and has eaten his tea. I hope he sleeps well tonight (and doesn't disturb you too much!) and feels more lively tomorrow.