Sams journey with Lymphoma

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by kateincornwall, Feb 7, 2017.

1. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

I'm so sorry but he's happy that's all that matters. Love and hugs to you all

2. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

So sorry Kate. But you know he's got the best life ever and is enjoying every second. Love to you all x

3. Joy

Joy Registered Users

I'm sorry it's not better news. But so glad that he's enjoying his new little friend. I hope you have a long time with him yet.

4. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Does canine Lymphoma wax and wane like human lymphoma? I feel deeply for you and wish with all my heart for a miracle, though I know one is unlikely. Sam seems to be happy at the moment, has a new little girlfriend, has is bestest friend (your grandson), swimming, walks and you and your husband, so he is living his life to the full. xxx

5. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I'm glad that at least it's progressing slowly...and that Sam is happy.

6. charlie

charlie Registered Users

I'm just happy that Sam is happy having his walks and being loved. Nell is bringing him much joy, fun and friendship. One day at a time, hard as that is. Hugs to Sam xx

7. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Happy boy that's what we want to hear.
    You are the best Kate.

8. MF

MF Registered Users

You and Sam are in my thoughts. I'm so happy it has worked out well with Nell and that her presence lifts the mood for you all.

9. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

This :) x

10. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

@Stacia Yes, it behaves like the human lymphoma , so it does indeed wax and wane , but with each small progression, it worsens . He is very happy in himself right now , waggy tailed and joyful with his new pal , we couldn't wish for more than this x

11. Granca

Granca Registered Users

So glad to hear that Sam is happy and Nell has fitted in so well. Thinking of you all.

12. Emily

Emily Registered Users

My heart aches each time I read a chapter of Sam's journey. But then I read about your family life and the introduction of dear Nell and my heart sings!

You must feel as if you're living on a roller-coaster of emotions on a daily basis!

13. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Ah Kate sorry to read your update....it must be very hard watching and waiting.Im so glad Nell has given him a lift ,she looks to be a little cutie that's brought some sunshine to you all xxx

14. Xena Dog Princess

Xena Dog Princess Registered Users

At least Sam has no idea what's going on. If only people were that lucky. I'm so glad that Nell has brought an extra layer of happiness to all of you, especially Sam. Sam is a very special dog and I love reading your little stories about him.

15. kateincornwall

Thank you , for all your kind comments . Sam has a bit of an upset tummy this morning , I doubt its anything sinister ,more likely something he snaffled in the woods ! x

16. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Sam's happy, Nell's happy. That is worth such a lot xx

charlie likes this.
  17. Ais

Ais Registered Users

Hi Kate, that is so awful, but you are lucky that whatever time sam has left you can make it so memorable. We had to have our white lab Murphy put to sleep yesterday, we tried everything he had his spleen removed & recovered well but week after was back to being latargic not eating , barely drinking water, disoriented! He spent another week in the vetinary clinic & we took him home the day before we had to have him put to sleep to say goodby... He was with us for 12 years, through so many sad and happy moments in my life like getting married, 2 kids, major operation & loosing my dad & he always knew when I was sad & would drive me insane following me everywhere looking after me.. Even had to come into the bathroom with me! We are heartbroken, my little 7 year old son used to call him his brother! It turned out he had the most aggressive type of cancer & in the end he was suffering so much I couldn't watch it anymore! Wish the vet could have done some tests before making the decision to open him up, think I could have saved him suffering even more, least he was on pain meds but I honestly don't know we're they helping much! The only advice I can give you is when the time comes for Sam you will know it & you are the best owner ever... You cant do anymore than what you are doing for him & he is lucky to have you

18. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Hello Ais, that is a sad story to have brought you to our forum. Murphy sounds like a lovely boy; you must be heartbroken.

Kate, how is Sam doing this morning?

19. Cath

Cath Registered Users

So sorry for your loss Ais

20. kateincornwall

Hello Ais , I am terribly sorry for your loss , you did your level best for Murphy , which is all we can do , hugs to you x

@Karen Sam is a little quiet , I couldn't even begin to tell anyone why I know he isn't quite right, but he isn't . However, he seems a little improved on the last couple of days , so we plod along down this bumpy road x

Granca, Stacia and Karen like this.