Scary moment

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by snowbunny, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Ugh, I had the same thing happen once with Poppy - she's much more careful with sticks now. The new puppy is a completely different story - he eats EVERYTHING! So glad Luna is ok.

2. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Glad you managed to get it out so quickly!

3. Ski-Patroller

Ski-Patroller Cooper, Terminally Cute

Our Labs eat Bees and Yellow Jackets and occasionally Bees. For some reason, they never seem to get stung. I guess they snap so fast that the kill the Yellow Jacket before he can sting them. I presume that if they got stung, they would quit doing it.

4. DebzC

DebzC Registered Users

Goodness, how horrid. Glad she's ok!

5. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog

So glad you're a quick thinker and Squidge is fine. You've probably lost a couple years off your life, though!

Another doggie danger I'd never heard of before joining the Forum. :eek:

6. Sven

Sven Registered Users

Glad she is well and nothing major. Just one of the things that scares me when we are out and about. So far no issue with a stick, but did have a bee (she likes chasing flies). Luckely she spat it out very quickly, but still had to help her face looked scared.

7. Granca

Granca Registered Users

I'm glad that Luna and Red are ok. It's so difficult to stop a 'hoovering ' dog!

Tuppence tends to grab sticks when she's in the woods, although usually large-ish branches. I'm always worried that she'll catch Wispa's eyes or damage her own mouth by snagging the stick on something. Her response to 'leave it' is improving, but it's still work in progress.

8. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

Stanley loves sticks :(

I bought him a kong one and it was literally the scene out of crocodile Dundee. I pulled out the plastic stick and he looked at me with pure disdain and went and found a huge one like "that's not a stick. THIS is a stick".

I never throw them for him or anything, I just get him to leave it and try and distract him from finding another one. I'd hate something to happen.

Glad all the doggies are ok x

Karen likes this.
  9. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Bramble has just brought in from the garden a stick...10" long, thin (think pencil..) with points at either end. Seriously I could use it as an arrow it's so sharp! :eek:

10. Chris_Poppy

Chris_Poppy Registered Users

That is quite scary! This morning we had to pass a huge wolf dog, massive it was, the owner was trying to stay away and my puppy is just tying to run at it and play, thankfully I had her on the lead!

11. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

:eek:

Puppies aren't always the brightest ;)

12. QuinnM15

QuinnM15 Registered Users

I kid you not, the stick being caught between the back teeth towards the throat happened again last night. Quinn was dropping sticks when asked all walk, but grabbed this one and quickly snapped it in half and immediately started pawing her face, crying and laying down and generally freaking out. I tried to pry it out and couldn't get it out, and in the struggle she bit my finger quite hard. We jogged home as fast as possible and OH had to hold her jaw open while i pried it out...terrifying. I was very shaken up this time.

13. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Argh, I'm sorry to hear this! I'm glad Quinn was ok in the end. I hope your finger isn't too sore :(

QuinnM15 likes this.
  14. QuinnM15

QuinnM15 Registered Users

Thanks - OH gave her a jar to lick and she was no worse for the wear...me on the other hand. Now i'm even more concerned about sticks that this has happened twice! Going to be practicing our "leave it" like crazy...

15. Kelsey&Axel

Kelsey&Axel Registered Users

Geeze all these stories. Today on our walk I paid close attention to Axel and sticks, I can't remember the last time he picked one up but I was curious. Thankfully he just will sniff them now and won't pick them up. Probably because months of hearing 'leave it!' annoyed the heck out of him. Regardless, I'm thankful.

So glad Quinn is ok after last nights scare!