Scooting

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by Julian, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Julian

Julian Registered Users

My 5 year old lab scoots on my deck once in a while , I had him checked 3 weeks ago at my vet , said he had a fecal parasite , she prescribed acuplex 4 , we feed him Fromm dog food dry , he has frequent ear problems as well, we have had chocolate labs for 30 years and don’t recall these issues with my previous labs , he also licks his paws and was prescribed apoquel

2. J.D

J.D Registered Users

Hi there. I’m no expert but I think the ear and feet are probably an overgrowth of yeast and therefore connected. Rather than treat with Apoquel I would prefer to reduce the yeast. Does the fur around his paws look darker and more reddy brown. That is usually a sign of yeast.
    Trying to sort out my dogs allergies I was asked to use a footbath called Malabese three times a week for a month. It was a bit of a pain as he hated having his feet touched but we managed with a Licki mat on the fridge door and a bowl of water(no way would he go in the bath!)
    There was a question on here recently about ears with suggestions that might be useful.

Julian likes this.