Shots

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by Kathleen De Moya, May 10, 2017.

1. Kathleen De Moya

Kathleen De Moya Registered Users

Aileron received her 14 month old shots today. Ever since she's acting tired and bored and just started moaning. But not a yelp moan just a cranky moan., almost like a person saying ugh. Any ideas, please.

2. MF

MF Registered Users

She might've had a bad reaction. I've heard others report similar. Why not call your vet?

You might also want to read up on the new vaccination protocols for the recommended vaccination schedule.

3. Kathleen De Moya

4. Kathleen De Moya

I will read up thank you. My get was closed and I was trying to avoid calling the hospital since they always make you go in. She became her normal self again after about two hours. I'm thinking just like anyone getting a dot, the shot area hurts for a bit.

5. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Some dogs can be a little subdued after a visit to the vets, the experience itself can be somewhat stressful . Strangers poking them, odd smells, getting jabbed with needles, etc..
    Glad she perked up after a couple of hours :)
    At 14 months old, this would probably be boosters for her core vaccinations. The vet would have asked questions regarding health to ensure they were vaccinating a healthy dog. You can though, explore the frequency of vaccinations with your vet, if you want just the minimum vaccination schedule, and getting the cover most relevant for your geographical area. Some surgeries are offering "titres" a simple blood test. These is a diagnostic tool to establish what current level of protection your dog has against previously vaccinated diseases.

MF likes this.