Silver lab with conformational abnormality in hind leg.

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by Grace H, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Grace H

Grace H Registered Users

I just picked up a Silver Lab for a bunch of dollars, that I was told was in good condition and is a pure bread with Akc papers. I took Grace to my vet and was told:
    Right Rear hock/paw - Dog stands at rest with tarsus and toes hyperextended. no swelling or pain detected. Suspect conformational abnormality. Recommend radiographs if lameness develops or problem persists.

I'm in love wit he dog but really wanted a hunter.

What should I Do.

2. Edp

Edp Registered Users

Have you spoken to the breeder ? Did your pup have a proper vet check before you collected her ? I don’t know enough about what the abnormality means but sounds like a potential costly problem, both physically and emotionally. Have you insurance , if not you won’t be covered now. Maybe you need to know the worst case scenario from you vet and take it from there ?

3. Grace H

Grace H Registered Users

Thank you for your reply. I have sent correspondence to the breeder. the vet did not catch it but. I'm not giving her up she has been just the best pup ever. all dogs have issues, I just won't be hunting with this one.

SwampDonkey likes this.
  4. Berna

Berna Registered Users

Well, next time search for a serious field-type lab breeder rather than a one that breeds "rare colors".